Gokusai no Ie

Yeah... as a Westerner, I can only see them as prisoners, because only prisoners live like that here. Maybe you need to be from a culture with a strong monastical tradition to really get over that.

I don't mean to offend anyone but I am confused do they only take boys into that temple or what (yes they consider themselves genderless inside the temple but I mean before that) since if they had girls wouldn't they you know develop chests and it will be obvious what their sex is, so then won't the monks will need to separate them to make sure no funny business happen.

I just don't get how even if all of them consider themselves genderless (with the assumption that there is two sexes) they won't have desires as teens!!

I don't know if I am making sense since English isn't my first language.

@ang3l-of-love

I think that they are born genderless. At least that's what I'm getting from this manga. So they are born with either both sexual organs (intersex) or none. I think their bodies are incapable of going through puberty and remain child-like so they wouldn't have prominent adam's apples or breasts no matter how old they get. I believe it is kinda addressed in the manga but I can't remember specifically where, there is also the possibility that I might be remembering wrong.

Group Leader
@K00K13 @ang3l-of-love
It's not stated that they're born with either both sexual organs (intersex) or none. I think they're born as a girl or a boy, but since they're children of colour, they're considered genderless. In any case, this is all related to their hair. Hopefully more will be explained soon!

@BLANCAKE

Oh okay. It's been a while since I read so I thought it was a Houseki no Kuni kind of situation. Thanks for clearing it up! 👍

Users who are viewing this thread