Gokusen

Joined
Dec 23, 2020
Messages
7
This was GREAT! One of my favorite lead females. It didn't drag on and it kept me invested. Definitely would recommend it! There's not much romance but honestly, I didn't care that much.
 
Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2020
Messages
78
10/10 for sure, very enjoyable read. phenomenal characters and very well executed plot and comedy.
 
Joined
Nov 25, 2020
Messages
2
honestly, im a huge art snob for manga in general and didnt think I would enjoy this so much- but it's definitely a 10/10. some of the pacing is a bit weird (like with a lot of older manga), but the humor is fantastic and the character development is just SO GOOD. Not a lot of romance but enough to be more than satisfying with these characters. I think I loved every last one of them lmao. i definitely recommend reading this!
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Nov 22, 2019
Messages
875
I reread this every few years. I really love all the characters and the story and the setting. So well done!
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
May 19, 2018
Messages
1,453
This started in 1999, eh? That explains a bunch of things, including why there are so many manga out there that have taken inspiration from at least one thing from this series.

High Score Girl's followup, featuring Hidaka Koharu as a teacher, almost feels like the gamer reboot of this series honestly. I can't help but feel that the author of that read this work to get some inspiration. They're not identical, but they do "rhyme" in some of the developments.

So much so, that I can already tell what's going to happen in the future even though I'm only at chapter 50.

Edit: Ironically, I found out about this manga by looking up the artist after reading "Detective Doggy" (Detective Puppy really) on Mangamillion

https://mangamillion.shueisha.co.jp/en/title/370

That one being about cops rather than the Yakuza. I'm glad I did. I don't think this series would ever get translated for profit given its age, niche content, art style, and subject matter.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top