Gokushufudou: The Way of the House Husband

freaking dammit, just leave what's up up, and dont post any more if you want to support the official release, dont pull shit like removing literally all your hard work. seriously it pisses me off.

Double-page supporter
This is a stupid decision on the part of the copyright owners. Do they realise that people are not going to buy it regardless ? The only people that buy physical or digital copies of anything anymore are collectors and that's not regular people. I would say they should create a streaming service but like with anime more than one would be created and nobody is paying 40+ dollars,euro,pesos,pounds etc a month just to be able to have access to different mangas.
Companies are so oblivious to how anything works anymore and what people want in this generation. People only want one site for everything at a very low price, that's all people want. For example, they don't want Netflix and Amazon Prime and Disney+ (and Hulu and Apple TV for you Americans out there). They just want one giant Netflix platform with all the shows from everywhere else. I know monopoly is bad but people literally are struggling too much to care.

Power Uploader
@Awilda How is it stupid that the owner of the manga, basically the author, wishes it to not be used so they asked the official English publisher to stop doing this. What part of it is stupid? Did you ask permission from the author? Yes, we are all breaking the rules. But at least we have the decency to stop if the author or the publisher request us to stop. Would you rather get sued/fined for illegal usage of publication or would you rather be a good person and follow the law?

Double-page supporter
@NibbPower I read that it was the US company that translates the manga and distributes it in the US only that asked for it's removal. It was VIZ media the American company not the Japanese Author. Which is stupid because the US is not the only English speaking country for one and second they don't own the rights worldwide nor do they distribute worldwide so people could actually buy it. If mangadex is not based in the US,they don't really have to comply.

If it was really the Japanese Author and his publisher then my bad but I read everywhere that it was the US copyright holders.

Dang! What a great series.

I have never purchased manga. Looking at the retail sites it shows "volume 5", for example. How many chapters is that? Do volumes come out weekly/ monthly? I don't know how it works. Apologies to everybody! 😨

Double-page supporter
I just think it's insulting to scanlators to support the official release when it's well known Viz uses the viewing numbers as bait to see if the manga would sell in another language or not. You're better off cutting down the middleman and learn Japanese and buy the Japanese version of the manga. I don't know how to explain it but it just feels scummy for them to do this
@kerrdog
I'd say vol5 is around ch 45 but going by vol1 in the fan colored manga it's probably 9 chapters each volume. I don't know but i think volumes come out like in 3 months

Dex-chan lover
@ikki_kun well its a metaphor.
and they deleted a bunch, not just 6, if you find them on my mdlist lol

and a takedown fiesta is inevitable; if all the copyright owners asked for it. esp now jp copyright laws are getting stricter

Dex-chan lover
So, what happened to all the chapters? Viz bitched because they picked up this series based on its popularity in unofficial translations view count? They basically get free data from mangadex. at least hide the numbers and sell them to the likes of viz

I bet a tryhard marketing staff(that likes to read fanTL) went bazingas with his original:
"Less piracy = more sales" presentation.

Joke's on Viz; I'll just pirate it anyway. Hell, I'd rather pirate an english translation and then go out of my way to buy tankobons of the original japanese even though I don't know a lick of the language.

@Awilda ahh shiet this is one of my favorite manga, why those american always like to claim and take everything? also are they just take down the english translation or also the other translation?, im curious about how cunning they are

@Rikushadow5 at least if you can buy the raw you can just use google lens for translation, even though it not that accurate but it more than enough to gaps the story

Double-page supporter
@Sichiruka From my knowledge,they have only taken down the English version. Jokes on them people here probably speak more than one language. Also you can go on scanlation teams Twitter to see new updates ;)

Users who are viewing this thread