Gokushufudou: The Way of the House Husband

Group Leader
@iota-09 there is no """gray area""", that's just bs scanlators make up to feel like they aren't doing anything wrong. Most scanlation that isn't approved by the author is illegal.

I'm fine with VIZ sending take-downs for series they simulpub like OP & KNY and so on, they have their own free and up-to-date version. Gokushufudou on the other hand, isn't simulpubbed, and is even free to read in the original Japanese version that's published online. Yes, it's VIZ's right to take down the series on aggregators whenever they see fit, but that doesn't mean readers have to be fine with it when they don't provide a viable alternative to go alongside the Japanese bi-weekly release.

The analogy you made makes absolutely no sense either.

Can anybody explain to me what the hell just happened ?
And who is this 'Viz' Guy ?

I dont give a FUCK about it being illegal, I havent payed for mongolian comics and I dont plan on starting.

Ank

Aggregator gang
I'm going to be honest : I DISLIKE OFFICIAL TRANSLATION. They are, most of the time, shit.
Scanlators translate stuff "raw", the way it was intended to be read in the original language.
Sometimes they even come with wiki explanations of some slang terms, food pictures and recipe, regions/map of some JP/KOR region...Its an experience by itself.
When you read the official translation of something like one piece you just want to puke.
That is one big piece of garbage translation.

@ALiVE "Viz" a.k.a Viz Media is an official manga publishing company. So in other words, because Viz is officially translating and publishing the manga, all the unofficial translations here were removed (AT LEAST, that's what I'm guessing)

Dex-chan lover
@Gingitsune weird how other manga stay when that happens. Especially when they are translated before viz even decides to pick it up. most everything they pick up is already popular in unofficial translations

I read here and buy the manga. They are not mutually exclusive. Honestly if I couldn't read them first, I probably wouldn't buy any unless I saw the anime. I think scanlations provide a great service. I also enjoy the extra content the scanlators provide. It gives a lot of fun insight to a different culture that I might not otherwise get to experience.

Double-page supporter
@Ank Agree with you. I just bought Viz's One Piece Ace novel. The translation is bad. They translated a character's name wrong. The paper quality is super bad for the price, like recycled paper. The JP version is only $6.5 but Viz is $10 before tax. Another country, Vietnam, also localized this novel and the quality is better than Viz's. I am afraid the book won't last until next year without some extra protective cover.
Official version like that makes me don't want to support them. I would rather buy the Japanese volumes and read the translation online.

I really really hate when the Fan Translation is deleted following licensing.
just leave it up and stop translating is my opinion.

:( did the chapters all get taken down because of copyright? Like, in the “there aren’t gonna be anymore chapters on this site” kinda way?

Dex-chan lover
I take it the site took down all tje chapters? Well that fuckin blows. I'd rather not go to Mangakalot again cause all the ads but if I gotta I gotta... :(

Group Leader
@Haydrion101
@purebread
Whenever I can't find what I want on MD I use mangalife personally. I just got the basic ad block extension and it works fine.

Also I think the scanslators post on imgur or something, they link from their twitter I believe. I think it was Black Cat scans that was doing it, or Sexy Akiba Detectives I can't remember who sniped who lol.

Users who are viewing this thread