Golden Kamuy - Vol. 15 Ch. 144 - Clash! Wall Deathmatch

Aggregator gang
Dude so sparkly, why are the convicts are so passionate in such weird things...

Dex-chan lover
Every convict is weird in their own right, but Sugimoto gets all of the biggest perverts.

Dex-chan lover
How did you figure out the Russians were real life references?
Because they are absolute legends of combat sports. Gamzatkhanov’s career is less known about but Fedor and Cro Cop are inconic sportsmen (particularly in Japan because Pride was ran there), Fedor "The Last Emperor" Emelianenko being considered objectively the greatest fighter to ever grace the MMA world (he had his last professional bout a few months ago and I almost cried when he lost and retirer again) and Mirko that mythical kickboxing and MMA hero who’s known for the "right leg, hospitalier, left leg, cemetary" line. Fun fact, the nickname "Cro Cop" means "Croatian Cop", having, concomitantly to his sports career, worked for years in Croatia as a spedial soldier in an elite anti-terrorism squad that had to protect the country in the context of the post-Yugoslavian wars era.

It’s nice to see that Noda is cultured like that. MMA is huge in the East and this reference to these men who punctuated my childhood makes me so nostalgic. The cool thing about them is that they’re very famous but they didn’t fight that much in the UFC (Fedor never accepted the deal). It’s not marketing or anything, it’s men renowned for their actual discipline, skills and amazingness.

By the way, Fedor and Mirko had a title fight against each other, the complete version is on YouTube, you guys should check it out! Mirko is also very active on Instagram and despite his age, his physique is mindblowing.

Users who are viewing this thread