Golden Kamuy - Vol. 20 Ch. 195 - Ariko's Backyard

He played on the chance of in a place known for it. Most of this land is wild and not the 21st cen where there is little unmanaged land.
Modern avalance prevention is just that. Prevention. Meaning they cause a avalance before it can occur naturally or to ease snow loads. So, in order tontrigger one they either drop dynamite or other impact based explosive or use large artillery to prematurely drop the accumulated snow before it becomes a risk. If the snow is ready to slide just a barking dog or person speaking can set it off in the right circumstance.

farewell toni,
i wonder what kind of interactions ariko will get from sugimoto's group

Double-page supporter
Damn, I liked Toni too. Maybe he isnt dead-dead yet??? Lmao

Dex-chan lover
@unk0damnation Nature isnt exactly an exact science, if he is local that knows the place like the palm of his hands he must know a place where all the right conditions were meet and any excessive stress put, more so in the right places, would trigger an avalanche. People have an impressive and uncanny capacity of understanding their surroundings when they lived with its respective characteristics for much of their lives or if they have the talent for such, so i don't think it is too far fetched for him to know how to trigger that avalanche in that specific place as he seems like a local with the talent and knowledge for that.

Loved the tie-in of rescue-and-recovery teams. My father was a member of the rescue-and-recovery team of Iran from the age of 15 until we left Iran (so about 17 years?). He'd had his mix of saving people and recovering bodies. He even had to recover 3 of his friend's bodies on the mountain that eventually became my namesake.
ANYWAYS, rant over. I just adore how Noda ties in all these details about the characters and the land itself. It makes the series feel alive and tangible.

Users who are viewing this thread