Golden Kamuy - Vol. 21 Ch. 210 - Sweet Lies

Dex-chan lover
...Ohhhh he's totally faking it to get out from in the hot seat. But it's so easy to believe, right? Because everyone looked down at him for this kind of idolization. Especially to someone ELSE who's already decided they're ok with having been lied to.

I think Koito is much smarter then anyone gives him credit for. And I think I'll be interested to see where he lands...

...cause "what would happen to the Ainu" is a very real concern. Historically, a civil war with the native population in the middle isn't... usually.... great.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, Koito doesn't seem to be keen on idolizing Tsurumi anymore, especially right after figuring out that the reason why he idolized him in the first place has been a lie all along, testified by the two men who were actually there and then, acting as his captors, let alone hearing from them that Tsurumi could snuff him out without remorse at any time.

What I want to know is if Tsukishima will change his mind and turn against Tsurumi or not. This arc in general has both given him some humanity and shown him as a suspicious background observer.

Dex-chan lover
Hmm, I initially didn't think Koito would turn on Tsurumi, mostly because his whole character is mainly focused on the fact that he idolizes Tsurumi insanely and it would be too sharp of a turn for him to change his mind on that, but, as other people are pointing out, Koito doesn't look as genuine in his Tsurumi admiration at the end, so maybe he is faking it. I could still see it being real though- if he's forced to realize that the man he admires was a fake, it would be easier to trick himself into justifying Tsurumi's actions rather than acknowledging the truth.

Aggregator gang
I really hope Koito gets character development after all he went through with the gang. He found out it was all a big fat lie, to use him and his father, and got told if he doesnt play it cool is going to get offed?? Yeah, I dont buy it just yet that he is loyal to the guy.

Aggregator gang
Man, half the time I can never remember what the fuck is going on in this manga. This is one of those times.

Tsukishima's so reliable and straight-laced most of the time, it's easy to forget sometimes he's as as screwed up as the rest of his comrades.

And then this happens and puts it back in sharp focus!

Dex-chan lover
Don’t underestimate the monkey.
He just became a much more interesting character.

Got some info from people who can read Japanese that Koito called Tsurumi "san" instead of "dono" as he usually does. So the admiration/puppy love has run low. I think he's just faking it because Tsukishima and Tsurumi are dangerous.

Man ... The Monkey just swallowed his red pills.

A small details at the end of chapter, you will see koito "Angry wrinkle" on his face when he's in his idolizing pose (page 15) ... I thought "Did that truth mentally broke him ?" at first, until i remember the wrinkle ... So, he's feigning his usual behavior here.

I wonder what will asirpa & sugimoto did after this, just like @friendly said ... In this situation, basically Ainu will be fuked, whether if asirpa ended up on Tsurumi side or Hijikata side.

Dex-chan lover
Man, didn't think i would ever say this but... i may be having some respect for Koito, understand all that after receiving just some hints, and then maybe faking his idolization because he now knows how deep things are is a really impressive thought process. I really do hope he is faking because it would mean he only idolized Tsurumi because he truly respected him and not like some stupid groupie that doesn't think.

@Al_Azif Too many to count, just shut off your brain and absorb the information then try, TRY, to understand what is happening.

The fact that Koito with just some hints discover the truth is incredible but the thing that makes me now really like the character is the fact that he didn't do the usual I can't believe it it's not true. Also maybe, he knows it for the start and not now because think about it when he was kidnapped, he did ate the same cake that tsurumi gave him maybe he understood at that time it was a plan of tsurumi because Koito is really intelligent so I really think he faked his admiration and I really hope it's fake.

Also, it's sad to see that since the death of the love of his life, tsukishima don't care about his life.

Dex-chan lover
It is a scary thought that EVERYONE in Tsurumi's company was probably roped into joining via elaborate plots and schemes in which they weren't the end goal but merely a byproduct of Tsurumi collecting things he wants.

Users who are viewing this thread