Golden Kamuy - Vol. 22 Ch. 212 - Raised Hackles

Koito wounded vs Tsurumi not giving a fuck...oh I'm dying to see their dynamics after 210's reveal and all!
Also, Koito was with three soldiers when he approached Asirpa and Sugimoto took down two men, where were the other two?

Double-page supporter
Thank you for the chapter as always EH scans

Noo Koito!!!

This makes me feel bad man, it wasn't even very long ago when they made that funny motion picture movie and being all crazy, now this... I'm a sad panda :((

Dex-chan lover
Sugimoto is by far the least interesting character, really. He takes a hail of bullets to the torso in broad daylight and just shrugs it off with the "I'm plotshielded" punchline. It's obvious that he won't die until the very end, so the action doesn't really carry any weight or danger. No reason to worry about him at all, he'll just keep going. All other characters are interesting because they're under the constant looming threat of being killed, or at least heavily wounded and being taken out of the story for a long time, but Sugimoto just feels like he's there to force the plot forward with godmode. It's jarring, considering the author puts a lot of emphasis on characters dying or getting incapacitated.

Sugimoto apparently is really immortal ... or he is atleast a bullet sponge ;)

Aggregator gang
I dont want Sugimoto to really die but also i dont think he will make it by the end of the story.

Poor Koito tho.

Group Leader
What a fucking fantastic chapter. Great action. All that subtle character stuff with Tsukishima. Amazing

Dex-chan lover
Oof. ...I wonder if she's prepared for the fact that this is what rebellion will mean. But, then again, its not like there won't be deaths (COUNTLESS deaths) if these fuckers got the gold. War, war, revolution on every side....

Fed-Kun's army
Sugimoto's got enough lead in him to re-enact the entire Russo-Japanese war. Then again, a guy who yanks a bayonet off an enemy's rifle and stabs him with it isn't just gonna croak.

I really think that Koito approched Sugimoto on purpose. Since he has travel a lot with him, he knows how dangerous Sugimoto can be.

Users who are viewing this thread