Golden Kamuy - Vol. 24 Ch. 236 - King

Fed-Kun's army
Damn I like Boutarou, I hope he doesn't die.

And agree, he brought up a good point about Sugimoto: He did suffer a brain injury and walked it off, does he still remember he wanted the money for an eye surgery for the woman he loved? She probably wont die but she may as well be completely blind by now. And if that happens, maybe they even trick her into losing her own home. She also had a kid to care for if memory serves right.

Dex-chan lover
The homoerotic tension Boutarou brings to the table is incredible, I love this man. That being said, if he joins the gang, I can only foresee danger coming to the group.

Also Asirpa just casually kicking an old man off a boat is incredibly funny to me.

Dex-chan lover
I guess it's still not clear what the deal is with the skins being useless, but from Wakayama's last line and the candy peddler's comment, it sounds like the candy peddler ruined the game. He may have been a convict and purposely gotten another tattoo to replace his own, just out of the sadistic pleasure of seeing everyone hunting for the skins realize that they're useless.

Contributor
@spurgleburgle I think the deal is simply that to decode the message you need all the skins, and the reality is that the chances of getting them all is pretty low when there are so many and belonging to criminals, so it's only natural that a few skins will be lost somehow, thus making it impossible to decode, or so they think.

Dex-chan lover
@FRESH That's what I thought at first, but it seemed weird that Wakayama was willing to give up so much gold on a hunch, no matter how likely it is. Plus, the candy peddler's line about Wakayama's disappointed face makes it sound like the candy peddler was there to see him realize the skins were useless, and that something the candy peddler did or said caused Wakayama to realize it.

It's realistic because to find 24 skins of convicts who seems to love be in trouble is a low probability. The pirate has the best idea for me.

Dex-chan lover
I thought of that in the early chapters. It does seem far fetched that every convicts have their skin intact

Users who are viewing this thread