Golden Kamuy - Vol. 25 Ch. 241 - The Kamuy That Vanished

Hey, I'm relatively new to the Golden Kamuy manga. Where is it stated that Sugimoto loves the blind woman? Thanks!

@carmeliba3

Sugimoto explicitly says so in chapter 5 when he meets Ogata for the first time. And in a flashback in chapter 6, when he begs Umeko to marry Toraji instead before he leaves their village.

Fed-Kun's army
I refuse to believe that Sugimoto and Asirpa don't care for Shiraishi and vice versa. He may have his doubts but their reunion was a genuine moment. You're not going to cry tears of joy like Shiraishi did about seeing someone you don't care for like he did when he found out Sugimoto was alive.

I hope Sugimoto will stay with her if he survives this whole things. While I kind of suspect that Asirpa may have fallen in love with him, they are practically family at this point that looks out for one another. I love chapters like this where they go exploring in the forest and she teaches him stuff.

Dex-chan lover
Has Sugimoto really never mentioned to Asirpa that Wilk denied killing the other Ainu? I know that Sugimoto doesn't like or trust Wilk, or at least his goal of pushing Asirpa to lead the Ainu to independence, so maybe he's afraid telling that to her will encourage her to seek the truth of what happened...but they're already looking for the gold anyway, so it's not that big of a difference. It may also be that he doesn't trust Wilk, and so he doesn't want to get Asirpa's hopes up only for them to get dashed.

After reminding us how them Hijikata and Lieutenant Tsurumi are monstrous, back to false sense of serenity...

Dex-chan lover
Main man still traumatized by what he did to the cute bird, I suppose... 🐥🐥🐥

Fed-Kun's army
Hm I see Asirpa and Sugimoto's relationship like brother and sister but maybe Noda will change that, or maybe he'll do a wilk and sofia? I'm kinda hoping for 1 or 3 bc I just can't see them in a romantic relationship, we'll just have to wait and see

Dex-chan lover
I want a father daughter relationship. Or death to one of them. That could be interestering. Hurtful, but interesting

Double-page supporter
I like how Shiraishi and Fusatarou are having this convo w/Fusa straddling Shiraishi. Noda really just hammering home that Boutarou is probably Bi, huh.

Aggregator gang
Unpopular opinion:
Asirpa has a crush on Sugimoto. That's why she wants to not let him know that she knows the code, and "protect" him in a childish way
That's not an unpopular opinion, that's a fact. She's a child, it's ok that She has a crush on an adult. If Sugimoto had a crush on her now that would be weird.

Dex-chan lover
Asirpa might believe otherwise, but if it went any other way than father / daughter then it would just be freaky at this point.
Sugimoto is around 24ish. Asirpa is maybe 12 at most, probably less. And for all the claims of immortality, Sugi has taken a LOT of damage over the course of the series, including having a chunk of his brain blown out. He'll probably die at the end. A decade is not going to pass before that happens.

Users who are viewing this thread