Golden Kamuy - Vol. 25 Ch. 243 - The Superior Privates

Dex-chan lover
Usami is really dangerous, I wonder how long and how will he die

Double-page supporter
Lmao Ogata was right. Tsurumi has to lie, flatter and do Ogata a favor in order to keep him on his side compared to Usami who is too psycho and blind to see that Tsurumi is using him without having to lift a finger to get his loyalty. On top of his insecurity, he's a cheap sacrificial pawn that Tsurumi can readily use. Even more fitting with the chapter's jokes. Usami talks so much crap about Ogata that he is literally and figuratively jerking himself off as someone superior.

What I love about Golden Kamui is that we always get contradicting stories about people and nobody knows the true answer to anything.

Thanks for the hard work!

Dex-chan lover
So we still don't know Ogata's true motives with respect to the Ainu gold, right? Him killing his half-brother and father were for personal reasons that just happened to coincide with Tsurumi's goals, though I think that's been clear for a while. He also saw through Tsurumi's schemes unlike the others, so he had no reason to stay with the 7th division- Usami was just projecting when he hypothesized that Ogata felt betrayed by Tsurumi after treating him like a father-figure. He probably sees Hijikata's group as an ends to a mean rather than as allies, but I still don't know what his endgame goal is.

So he DOES have a FEELING.

Will Ogata and Koito somehow cooperate 'cause now they have a common ground?

Gotta love Usami's reaction if Tsurumi do discarded him.

Dex-chan lover
@spurgleburgle I honestly think that there is some validity to I think it was Asirpa's theory that he legitimately just thinks this is fun in a way. This war for the gold is a psychopath like him's playground. Probably the only legitimate goal he has right now is to "unpurify" Asirpa like he tried to with his brother.

The title makes me think it's about who has the better penis, although that might be a pun that's not intended

Dex-chan lover
Maybe it's just me, but this chapter was incredibly intense the whole time, even without much action and plenty of comedy.

Dex-chan lover
@Rosen_Ritter "Tsurumi has to lie, flatter and do Ogata a favor in order to keep him on his side compared to Usami who is too psycho and blind to see that Tsurumi is using him without having to lift a finger to get his loyalty." Nice analysis, and well said. Also thanks for stressing Toraji had saved Sugimoto's life last chapter, your posts are a pleasure to read.

Dex-chan lover
I hope all this attempted humanisation of Ogata turns out to be misdirection and lies.
Trying to make him into someone who is just starved for affection just makes him seem weak and useless. That is no good at all. He has to prove them wrong.
Blasting Usami's shrivelled brainmass all over the snow would be a good start.

Double-page supporter
funny how they go from best buds who think the same way when discussing psychopathy but complete opposites when discussing tsurumi
Usami is a loser who needs to die. Ogata, I'll admit I'm starting to fall for his sob stories a bit. Sugimoto still needs to put a bullet in his brain though

Users who are viewing this thread