Golden Kamuy - Vol. 25 Ch. 247 - Rule

im so curious about shiraishi's backstory and what he actually wants... despite how goofy and carefree he seems, he never ever shared personal info about himself, i mean nothing serious. its kinda sad when you think about how a man like him who managed to escape from prison never even tried to build a new life or have some goals to pursue... truly "always doing the same thing"... fooling around, not really caring abt spending a few more months in prison cuz hes gonna escape anyways, just wasting his life. it seems to me that he too may lack proper dreams for his future just like sugimoto. but while in sugimoto's case it was stated that he always thinks about others, shiraishi was the opposite and had a very selfish mindset (that he actually changed and finally discarded during the karafuto arc).
theres just so much we dont know about him.... but this little moment in this chapter makes me think that noda didnt forget abt him and is now tryna build up to a backstory reveal or something.

i just hope he gets his happy ending, cuz this gold hunt really changed him for the better

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the translation

Sugimoto is an angry drunk.

I wonder what Shiraishi will want to do with his share?

Thank you so much for the translation.

Honestly, i am quite bored of Sugimoto's antics. So far we're back where we were a hundred chapters ago. Hope something really happens, like the russian governement getting involved or the chinese or something.

Double-page supporter
Thanks for your work as always EH scans!

Usami giving creepy vibes on that last page

Fed-Kun's army
tsurumi mixing in real with the fakes he let ariko steal seems kind of obvious to me?
otherwise as hijikata said it would make it easier to know where all the fakes are
kind of like when a game of cheat/bullshit goes on too long and one player has all of a certain card except with less certainty.

Dex-chan lover
I had an inkling that Tsurumi had done something like that, he is just this kind of guy, and when he was explaining it to Kikuta about how could trust copies he made it sense to me now we have confirmation.

Users who are viewing this thread