Golden Kamuy - Vol. 27 Ch. 271 - A Mottled Gold Coin

Double-page supporter
Damn Tsurumi, making our girl feel like crap. And we all know whom she cares for the most aside from Huci.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter shocked me as much as I like it in many twisted ways

But sorry to bother, perhaps page 4 has a teeny small mistake? That says "any enemy", had to reread a few times to see if I understood, got me out of the story pacing

BUT ENGLISH IS LIKE, MY THIRD LANGUAGE, so do tell me pls if I'm wrong, thanks!

Edit: @Theozilla thanks! I now feel reassured

Dex-chan lover
@lexy yeah, it was probably a typo that meant to be “those who view Japan as *an* enemy”.

I am curious how Noda plans to end the narrative for Asirpa, as unless he decides to do something like Tarantino and go the route of making an alternative history (like Inglourious Basterds or One Upon A Time In Hollywood), knowing what has actually happened to the Ainu of Japan up to the present, a bittersweet ending seems like the most positive possible ending Noda could write while still being complaint with history.

Aside from the title drop, i can't begin to imagine how Asirpa feels having all of her beliefs challenged while looking at the literal face of his father laying on the floor

Asirpa I hope you'll reborn after being this mentally destroyed by Tsurumi

There is something so wrong with a Japanese person naming and making a Kamuy to fit his narrative. But someone like Tsurumi is the perfect one to drive the point across of the harm the gold brings. That scene is just goosebumps.

I'm looking forward to how his interpretation of 'Golden Kamuy' will be redefined into something more appropriate and pleasant in the future developments (if it will be) !!

A title was dropped and a name was spoken ....

Not a bad chapter all things considered.

I didn't think Tsurumi's speech was going to work, but threathening Sofia's life was so amazingly intelligent that if Asirpa didn't reveal the code I would have called that plot armour.

Dex-chan lover
leo-pointing.jpg.webp

Users who are viewing this thread