Golden Kamuy

Dex-chan lover
If anyone is on the fence of reading this manga or not please heed this advice.

Do it. Do it blindly if you can.

If the Description doesn't convice you it doesn't matter just read it.

It's an action packed story with many gory scenes, but also it's stupid, dumb, funny all the way. The good guys are good, but weird & funny, the neutral guys are noble and cool, the bad guys are weird, stupidly weird.

Heed my advice, just read this shit. It's a gas all the way down.

EDIT: I forgot... THE CONVICTS ARE THE WEIRDEST OF THEM ALL!!!

I just started reading this from the beginning, after reading a few chapters here and there. The art is pretty nice and the character weird, can't wait to read more.

Double-page supporter
I’ve been putting Golden Kamuy to the side since its first chapter since I wanted to wait for multiple chapters and also because I wanted to finish Gintama. Now I literally can’t take any of the historical figures in this manga seriously because of......goddamn Gintama. I mean...Hijikata......the badass old man Toshizo of the Shinsengumi made me laugh because of the Mayonnaise loving Toshiro.

why none of them try to destroy the original tattoo once they have its copy? Like, hire a tattoo artist and add new details, or draw a new one over it? Heck, some of these monsters can even skin themselves to completely destroy the tattoo..

Dex-chan lover
@gunnybunny A copy is just a copy. There maybe inaccuracy with the copy so if you destroy the original, there is no way to check. Adding new detail to the tattoo won't do anything, from a TV show I watch, experts can look at the tattoo and knew what kind of materials, what process used to make the tattoo and how recent is the tattoo so I think Edogai's fake skins will be discovered soon. And did you try to skin yourself? You will die in the process because of blood loss, pain and infection. People can't live without skin. These Abashiri convicts escaped the prison in order to live their own life, not to die.

@miyako19 "A copy is just a copy" True. But then again, they let that "Russian wrestler" go after copy his skin, so they do treat copying as a permanent solution. Moreover, while there's a chance that you draw a detail wrong, there's also a chance that the guy you just copy fall into the enemy hand. If you destroy the tattoo after copy it, then no matter how many skins the enemy have, they will never have the full map - only you can..
"Adding new detail to the tattoo won't do anything" First, it was in the 1900s, I'm not sure if such a method could be that easy to come by; after all, Edogai's fake skin is the center of quite many chapters. Secondly, i think a yakuza tattoo could camouflage the original quite well, with dragon/snake for the line.. It doesn't need to be good enough to fool an expert's eyes; it only needs to be good enough to fool a normal person's eyes, so if they are asked "Have you seen a man with a weird tattoo?", they will answer "I have seen a yakuza's one, but nothing as crazy as what you said"
"And did you try to skin yourself?" I didn't. But again, we have a cast of monster that can survive pretty much everything thrown at them, from bear to gunshot to collapsed buildings. Furthermore, Asirpa's father was skinned and still survive. So i think it's not that impossible for a guy with inhuman strength, or with a strong will, to skin parts of his body, or at least the important parts (like a word or something like that)

Dex-chan lover
What's the current grouping of treasure hunters?

- All the army guys and Ainu are now in the same group under Lt. Shinyhead, plus Shiraishi.
- The Shinsengumi are still around but kinda out of the picture for the time being.
- The former Kiroranke group is now just Ogata? Or did the baton get passed on down to big momma?

Fed-Kun's army
Why are all of Noda's works flagged as Korean/Manwa when the author is Japanese and it's published by a Japanese company?

It’s pretty much Jojo. You got:
-Buff guys
-Scenes that will make you say “wtf” out loud
-Manservice
-gory scenes
-gays
-wack eyebrows
etc.

The whole hunting and culinary things continues through the manga or it's just in the beginning?

Double-page supporter
Quick reminder that the series is on hiatus this week, coming back on the 17th

Double-page supporter
One of the best manga that came out this decade. A series I never thought I needed. Bless you, Noda!

Users who are viewing this thread