Golden Kamuy

Dex-chan lover
@nuhaz
That's how I understand it:

Igogusa was sent to Tokyo to marry some rich guy.
Her parents faked her suicide and moved her in secret, so Tsukishima won't follow after her.

Tsukishima found out that Igogusa committed suicide after learning of his death in the war.
He discovered that the rumors were spread by his father and killed him.
He was sent to death row for manslaughter.

Tsurumi found Igogusa in Tokyo and got some hair from her.
To get Tsukishima out of prison (and death row) he went to dig out Igogusa's remains from under Tsukishima's house in front of the entire village.
The remains didn't belong to Igogusa, but the villagers believed Tsukishima's father killed her, since her "remains" were found buried underneath his house.

Apparently, Tsukishima killing a "real" murderer was enough to get him out of death row.

@nolonar

That's exactly what the chapters tell us
But what if the girl is really dead, and Tsurimi is playing him... that look on the last page tho...

@Nolonar
Thanks! I guess I got confused with the timeline.
Poor Tsukishima... His girl is still alive but she's not with him :'(

Contributor
This mangaka is really good in delivering back story, even this far into the story we still get a great backstory for a character that's already appeared for a while mmm...
That and all the characters in this manga has unique personality and twist, even those who only appear in one or two chapters mmm...

Dex-chan lover
I'm printing out the panel of daddy tsurumi yelling "you better study your ass off" and I'm sticking it to my wall. Because pre-brain damage tsurumi was a babe but his advice was even sexier.

It's great manga translated with love, thank you for that.

if anyone asked "what's the main difference between manga and anime of golden kamuy"
i think it's pretty clear that the main answer should be "the anime doesn't have EHS's end chapter glossaries"

Contributor
Noda such a bro with Watsuki that he's continuing Kenshin's Hokkaido arc in his own manga

Double-page supporter
Knowing Noda that assasin is probably going to also be a hot old man.

Contributor
I was like, is this the old version of Himura Kenshin mmm...~?

le3

Dex-chan lover
My demented grandfather can never be this badass

Users who are viewing this thread