Gomi Ika da to Tsuihousareta Shounin, Jitsu wa Zensei Kenja Desu ~Shijou Saikyou no Kenja, Sekai Saikou Hou no Gakuen ni Kayou~ - Ch. 5.1 - Lowest Gr…

Dex-chan lover
I initially thought this would be trashy bad but fun but this is actually just bad. Mashle has already figured out how to do his development, tell the headmaster you’ll beat him to a pulp and then prove it

Double-page supporter
So scholarships, a concept which is meant to give opportunities to those that are talented that wouldn't be able to afford the education themselves, is being given to a noble instead. Enter new self-important nobleman's child to try and single out and harass the MC.

I'm guessing the head master is getting bribes to take noble students that have no talent and wouldn't have been accepted otherwise then passing it off as scholarships. It's that or the father/lord where our MC reached out now that his domain is getting overrun and it will be easier to expel the lowest ranked student to force him back into servitude than if he were the highest ranked.

At this point MC just give up on school and be an adventurer nobility are going to be oppressive regardless of the talent, at least as an adventurer he can make a ton of money and live on his own terms.

Dex-chan lover
I can't read this any more because my eyes rolled so hard they fell out of my head.

FFS, at least have the MC participate but have things rigged in a way he can't overcome it just by being OP. This is just dumb.

Supporter
Hmm...I guess the MC didn't want to deal with the headmaster trying to make his school life a living hell even though he's probably strong enough to contest him.

Not the development I had in mind.

Dex-chan lover
Like a few others here, I'm dropping this.

I had hope to see something interesting when the MC actually realized he was OP... and decided not to be held back... but then he immediately lets himself get held back. Not even an excuse, misunderstanding or trickery. He is straight-up told to his face: "Don't get ranked, I'll tag you as the weakest. No compensation either."

There was literally no reason for him to accept the situation. He should have walked into the competition area, won, then dared the headmaster to remove the best student to ever walk past the gates of his school. One way or the other, this would have been interesting. That, or he could have bargained for some unofficial payment for letting at least some nobles keep their pride.

Instead, we're going to have the same old cliches forced down our throat, without even the flimsiest of excuses.
(If the last page is any indication, it has already started.)
I'll pass.

Dex-chan lover
OK, this is disappointing to say the least. The manga went from a solid 8 to a 6(and that's because I am being VERY generous) in an instant.
There is literally no valid reason for the principal to force him into being a lowest grade student, not after the MC has made his power so apparent...other than the fact that the writer wrote himself into a corner and would not be able to create all the run of the mill situations where the lowest grade student easily beats the highest grade students....so things we've seen being done a thousand times over.
For one a principal would WANT to brag that his school has such powerful students, (and would want to use his for all shorts of events that will inevitable come).
For another having the MC reveal his power to anyone outside the school will only show to them that the school's staff is an incompetent lot that can't tell a high grade student from a lower one.
And for the MC...why is he just agreeing with the principal to relinquish a position that would solve ALL his economic problems, you just can't be that stupid. At the very least he should have bartered with the principal to grant him all the economic benefits of a scholarship student, in order for him to stand down.
Heck that would have been the ideal situation.
The MC will spend the majority of his time researching spells in a basement somewhere in the school's premise, and the principal would not have the MC outperform the nobles.

Dex-chan lover
used the trope multiple times already before but those just felt like a nice joke, the mangaka using it again after the introductory arc just makes it seem like he doesn't know how to write shit and is just going to keep on using it again and again until the manga gets axed after a while
knew it was going to be trashy but didn't expect it to turn into dogshit

Fed-Kun's army
Ah I will keep reading because I get satisfactory of the MC putting all these people in their place, no matter how over used the trope is, it never gets old.

Dex-chan lover
Would've beaten him up with overwhelming-looking magic then heal him and do it again until the ref tell me to stop.

Dex-chan lover
Aight, thats enough of this shit story. If he'd beaten the headmasters ass for trying to hold him back, I'd have continued reading but meh. Not worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread