Goodbye, My Rose Garden - Vol. 3 Ch. 17 - Sayonara rose garden

thanks for all of the chapters
glad it's a happy ending and hope there will be an epilogue.

wow
im so happy for them
u know what they say its not the end if its not happy

i was like really really scared when she was at the wedding , i was thinking from the start of the chapter that shit man is this one of those stories?
im soooo glad she ran away
earlier i was also conflicted along with alice , that damn her family is nice what she gotta do what should she do ? what would i do in her place?

and by this chapter i litreally forgot about the family
and like damn yea alice run away

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Damn, i read this all in 2 hours, this is definitely one of my favorites now. Thanks a lot for the translation!

Wow, I'm glad they actually had a good ending. Manga usually have open-ended endings that don't resolve much, but this had them happy. I'm glad.

Dex-chan lover
On the one hand, I wanted a happy ending. On the other hand, this ending greatly compounds the ahistoricity of the story. Had a woman of her class done such a thing in that era, it would have been discussed internationally for decades, and eventually she would have been presented to school children in Western societies as a very great heroine. We'd all have heard and read of her, repeatedly.

Dex-chan lover
Not so sure it's a happy end, many issues have been created with her decision after all 😕

Well, nice story overall, thanks for the translation

Double-page supporter
fiction ... just cringe fiction ... it was entertaining ... dunno why it doesn't work ... maybe because the actual love that set things in motion idles away in Japan as a teacher ...

I braced for impact but it came from behind.

Whatever, I'm taking it.

It's been fun imagining British accents in my head.

Dex-chan lover
im enjoying this. but god... after that many hesitation and thoughts about dont want to make your family suffer just to make a decision of fricn throw it at the window like it never existed before ? the parent even against their relaitonship with passive agressive manner along with edward. this was fine until the end of it. and i must say that what @Lilliwyt said is make sense, unless there's a side story on what happend at the wedding.

im curious if there's an epilouge.

Resident Yuripig
Group Leader
I kinda have mixed feelings. I liked reading a "happy ending". It could only happen in fiction. However, if this really had happened during Edwardian England, it wouldn't have ended like this at all. It would've happened like we all thought it was going to with Alice getting married to Edward and living in a loveless marriage like quite a few people forced into marriage back then. The artwork was outstanding and unlike somebody mentioned earlier, it was NOT bad writing. You could make an argument for a clichéd ending but there are lots of stories with clichéd endings that aren't bad writing and this happens to be one of them. I very much enjoyed reading this.

Group Leader
@ispcizero3rd
As of now, there isn't any epilogue.
The auhor is going to start a new story in September, I don't know if there ever will be an epilogue

@Ichigo69
Thank you! That's what I think too. It's maybe a cliché ending, but it's not bad writing. The auhor clearly also did a lot of research.

Ah, what a journey. What i love most about this manga is the art, the art was really beautiful, and the author know their literature. The ending honestly got me on tears, which i didn't expect. I hope they'll have a good life...

Dex-chan lover
@Oeconomist if you look for them, there are plenty of stories of people from every part of the world and all time periods who went against the grain to live honestly as themselves with the person that they love. LGBT history is under studied, but it exists nonetheless.

Dex-chan lover
@Cornonthekopp

You will not find a true story that matches this story in major details and yet has somehow been lost to popular history.

Everyone here already knew that homosexuality has had a significant rôle in human life for all of human existence. Your condescension is inappropriate.

Dex-chan lover
Halfway through the last chapter I was scared that Alice was going to get married to that pompous ass and live in a loveless marriage for the rest of her life. Thank god that didn't happen.

I need an epilogue 😭
For a moment there I thought Alice would swear, I'm glad she didnt so all is well. I like the ending atleast its not painful for the heart. Still I think I need an after story or epilogue, I want to know what'll happen after!!!

I actually liked this ending a lot i was getting nervous she was actually gonna marry him. I really want an epilogue

Users who are viewing this thread