Goodnight Punpun - Vol. 12 Ch. 124

Fed-Kun's army
Interesting chapter. It was like seeing a part of Punpun that even him don't know, or at least pretending not to know. I don't know how am I supposed to feel about him : he is just too delusional and self-conscious of himself to the point of even denying all the achievement he got ?

If someone could explain me all of this because even though he is the MC I don't understand Punpun very well. I understand very well that Aiko "casted" a spell and all but I think there is a little more to that.

Dex-chan lover
Heh. Funny. So he was doing all these things society would approve of in the background, while only showing a vile and despicable face up front.
Most people would swap those around.
But it is fine. All it took was getting his murder on to teach him what was really important in life.

Aggregator gang
It’s so sad that Punpun has/had people who genuinely care about him (the manager, his daughter, Nimira) but he just decided to ruin his life. Despite every awful thing that happened to him he could have achieved some degree of happiness if he had let people in (and if he went to therapy)

Aggregator gang
I knew it... His life did start to get better before Aiko came like a storm.
I also am pretty sure that she knew shit will go down when he said he'd go with her to talk with her narcissistic mother.
She said so from the very beggining: the only reason she liked him was that he was in a worse situation. She is toxic as fuck, and he needs to be locked in a mental hospital for a few years with some intense therapy.

Aggregator gang
Also also: Midori Ookuma and not Onodera
Even after she was married and changed her name!? Is that bitch for real!??

Double-page supporter
i hate how well built story gets revealed later but i also like it

Fed-Kun's army
I knew it... His life did start to get better before Aiko came like a storm.
I also am pretty sure that she knew shit will go down when he said he'd go with her to talk with her narcissistic mother.
She said so from the very beggining: the only reason she liked him was that he was in a worse situation. She is toxic as fuck, and he needs to be locked in a mental hospital for a few years with some intense therapy.
aiko is toxic, yes. but it's unreasonable to say she expected her mother would try to fucking murder her. keep in mind, it was his idea in the first place, and she just followed along. she was broken and vulnerable after yknow...losing her virginity. she doesn't deserve the blame here.
and let's be realistic here, punpun was gonna be a piece of shit no matter what happened. he'd be a piece of shit with a good job. he's the same dude that had a psychotic episode after fapping to some dude, and the dude that walked around naked in the middle of the street. motherfucker loved to rack up sexual crimes like they're fucking candy.

also no? she never liked him because he was worse than her, she liked him because he was just as broken as her. she didn't want someone healthy, because it felt uncomfortable. she wanted someone that was like her. she was mostly not evil, and the only evil thing that can be truly blamed on her is her desire to cheat on her middle school boyfriend with punpun.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
this chapter changed my opinion on sachi. ill change what i said a few chapters ago. the "toxic" aspect of what she did is getting with someone more depressed and worse than her to make her feel better about herself. a saviour complex in a way. not to say she didn't help him, she did, but the real motive was appeasing her own insecurity? she's more of a....arrogant narcissist? but she still has a genuine desire to improve, and that's why i'd still say she's one of the best girls in the manga. good on her friend for atually confronting her on this, and i dont know if she'll change this specific toxic trait, but she DOES listen, as seen before in this manga, whenever her friend criticsies her. so i have hope in her.

Aggregator gang
aiko is toxic, yes. but it's unreasonable to say she expected her mother would try to fucking murder her. keep in mind, it was his idea in the first place, and she just followed along. she was broken and vulnerable after yknow...losing her virginity. she doesn't deserve the blame here.
and let's be realistic here, punpun was gonna be a piece of shit no matter what happened. he'd be a piece of shit with a good job. he's the same dude that had a psychotic episode after fapping to some dude, and the dude that walked around naked in the middle of the street. motherfucker loved to rack up sexual crimes like they're fucking candy.

also no? she never liked him because he was worse than her, she liked him because he was just as broken as her. she didn't want someone healthy, because it felt uncomfortable. she wanted someone that was like her. she was never intentionally evil, and the only thing that can be truly blamed on her is her desire to cheat on her middle school boyfriend with punpun.
I don't remember anymore how things went (and god, I'm not gonna re-read this trauma triggering story), but I think that Aiko did know that her mother will at least react really badly to PunPun. Probably not go full psycho with a knife, but enough to have the entire thing explode in his face. I don't remember what I thought will be the implication of that, though, sorry.

about the other part with Aiko wanting Punpun to be worse then her, I really don't remember, so Idk, sorry. I think it was something she said at the start of the story, but that's as far as my memory goes lol.
The thing I do remember from this chapter is the disgust I felt from realizing his aunt wrote herself in Punpun's phone, but as a viable woman rather than a wife of his uncle (the family name was from before she was married).

Edit:
Oh, and yeah. Punpun need to be locked and or be in therapy like yesterday, I think I wrote as much. What I meant at the time was that his life was stabilizing enough to start and work on himself. But again, it's being too long so idk how accurate my memory is.

Cheers.

Fed-Kun's army
I don't remember anymore how things went (and god, I'm not gonna re-read this trauma triggering story), but I think that Aiko did know that her mother will at least react really badly to PunPun. Probably not go full psycho with a knife, but enough to have the entire thing explode in his face. I don't remember what I thought will be the implication of that, though, sorry.

about the other part with Aiko wanting Punpun to be worse then her, I really don't remember, so Idk, sorry. I think it was something she said at the start of the story, but that's as far as my memory goes lol.
The thing I do remember from this chapter is the disgust I felt from realizing his aunt wrote herself in Punpun's phone, but as a viable woman rather than a wife of his uncle (the family name was from before she was married).

Edit:
Oh, and yeah. Punpun need to be locked and or be in therapy like yesterday, I think I wrote as much. What I meant at the time was that his life was stabilizing enough to start and work on himself. But again, it's being too long so idk how accurate my memory is.

Cheers.
yeah man, cheers to how fucked up this story was. weirdly comforting, grotesque, human and truly raw.

in the earlier chapter where punpun left sachi to be with aiko, i was thinking that it was going to be better this way but his life was coming together. sure it was slow, but it seems like aiko coming back in is crumbling it all down once again.
Wdym it was slow? That crumbling shit was fast as fuck

Users who are viewing this thread