Goodnight Punpun - Vol. 5 Ch. 56

Double-page supporter
For a character that's a cartoon bird (well, in the art, not the actual story), you can actually just feel how angry Punpun is. Something about the fact that he is just a cartoon bird and you can feel his emotions makes this entire thing fifty times better.

It's because he's very easy to project emotion onto. It's the reason why their are so many story interpretations of this manga.

Double-page supporter
Hold up why is Punpun's grandpa not a bird? I get that the whole bird thing is intentional and not how he actually looks to other characters in the manga but I thought it'd span over his entire family for consistency's sake.

Dex-chan lover
When his mom talks I hear Kyle's mom's voice from South Park... back from her Jersey Shore days when she was S-WOW Tittybang.

@zerimaR "grandpa" is a word to Punpun. The person who is his grandpa is likely someone that he never met or had a concept of since he was little. The bird is how he conceives himself and his family in his mind - there's times when reality slips in a little, but it's rare.

Dex-chan lover
@Hootanic I understood that he depicts himself and his family as birds, but did not think that he did not know his grandpa. Thanks for this insightful explanation!

Dex-chan lover
@LegionGuy49
Agreed dude. Always thought people were just saying stuff like that about this manga to rationalize that but it really is a great artistic choice

You know, when his aunt had sex with him, it actually showed what he looked like. The empty birds are just of what he thinks of those people that he hates. This includes himself. And now his aunt, but her looks were already fixed in his mind.

Dex-chan lover
Wow. You could just FEEL how helpless and alone punpun is, furious with his soon to be aunt, anguished with his situation and dejected he can't do anything about it, and even trying to feel happy now instead feels forced and cheap like the lousy keychain he got.

Dex-chan lover
*minor* depression??? alrighty then

One of the eyes of the daruma fell out :'( does that mean a dream coming true got reversed?

Users who are viewing this thread