Goodnight Punpun - Vol. 7 Ch. 76

Holy shit i hope the store clerk gets hit by fucking car so fucking annoying jesus fucking christ

Double-page supporter
That face of Punpun's utter despair is incredibly disturbing.

Dex-chan lover
@Henmas
Punpun did nothing wrong
He did. It was bad idea to send off Aiko to visit Yaguchi at hospital, while Punpun was well aware she doesn't feel anything towards Yaguchi. Punpun was big enough to realize this wouldn't work as moral support - quite the contrary, it makes Yaguchi feel even worse. And of course this destroyed relationships between PunPun and Aiko. Furthermore Yaguchi was the one who came up with this idiotic challenge and got what he what he deserved. So yeah "You reap what you sow" is true for both Yaguchi and Punpun, but poor Aiko just had to suffer for the company.

Fed-Kun's army
@CookieMonster

Punpun did nothing wrong
He did. It was bad idea to send off Aiko to visit Yaguchi at hospital, while Punpun was well aware she doesn't feel anything towards Yaguchi. Punpun was big enough to realize this wouldn't work as moral support - quite the contrary, it makes Yaguchi feel even worse. And of course this destroyed relationships between PunPun and Aiko. Furthermore Yaguchi was the one who came up with this idiotic challenge and got what he what he deserved. So yeah "You reap what you sow" is true for both Yaguchi and Punpun, but poor Aiko just had to suffer for the company.

Bad idea, sure it was, but the alternative 2 middle-schoolers running away to someplace Aiko said about, leaving everything behind. He wasn't ready for such an extremity, so I can't really blame him for being reasonable.

Dex-chan lover
@Henmas
alternative 2 middle-schoolers running away to someplace Aiko said about

Come on, you don't really think that this is what actually could happened, or even what Aiko really wanted. It's just good old form of traditional children's escapism. Aiko just needed soulmate back then (just like Punpun himself). Someone she could feel comfortable with. This run away proposal is just sort of "compatibility test". And it's just so happened that this soulmate was the boy she liked. Win-win combination. Yeah, probably their relationship wouldn't last long enough or other shit could happen, but they'd definitely experienced moment of happiness they both desperately needed, or at least Punpun settled this matter with his unresolved love to Aiko, which haunted Punpun many years.

Fed-Kun's army
@CookieMonster

This run away proposal is just sort of "compatibility test"
about that (end spoilers):
Thats one way to think about it, indeed, it didn't occur me at that time, but towards the end they really run away to that place, although they are older, so that possibility is never confirmed, on the contrary, it is safer to assume that all this time she seriously meant to run away to this place.

I guess I am that old. My thought on this chapter was “Holy shit, test pattern on the TV! What century is this?”

Users who are viewing this thread