Gorae Byul - The Gyeongseong Mermaid

@readerz please use spoiler tags or leave this comment under the actual chapter as people who haven’t read the story yet visit this main section. To do so click on the crossed out eye from the icons above the messaging box.

Group Leader
@Readerz it's still not hidden . You need to cut and paste the section you want to hide between the html codes. Or better yet just erase the section mentioning the scene ^^"

ham

me : see the tragedy tag
also me : click to read
….I'm really setting myself up

One moment i am staring at beautiful art, the other i am amazed by the plot, next i am crying from all the sad stuff...i have become crazy...

Group Leader
@ManhwaAddict It's not mentioned yet but here's what we know so far

1. He is a university student, but younger than Haesoo (who is also in university)

2. Eui-hyeon describes Yoonhwa to be "around the same age as him". Yoonhwa has also been shown to be of university-age.

2. He (eventually) speaks in informal speech with Soo-a and Soo-a doesn't seem to use any honorifics while referring to Eui-hyeon.

Therefore I conclude that he should be at his late teens/very early twenties at the maximum. If we assume that he's exactly the same age as Soo-a and Yoonhwa, that'd make him around 18.

I feel the readers that don't know anything about Japan's subjection of its neighboring Asian nations during WW2 era can't not truly appreciate this very proactive piece of media. Their are some seriously important displays of racism and struggle for woman's education in here. From a patriotic position is nice to see a story focued on Korean history, not glorified European colonist like so many others....even if that history is sad.

Thank you so much for translating this piece! I came here for the art, but the plot is just as strong. It's my first time reading a historical manhwa of this era and I'm enjoying it so far. Nicely done!

"Even if I were to go back to that day... I wouldn't change a thing."

Bruh, no.

Wow that's one of my favourite webtoon eveeeer!! Everything is great: the characters, design, story even though it's quite trash and sad sometimes it's definitely deserve the reading!!
Thank you so much for translating and I can't wait to read what's coming next!!

the art and the story of this manhwa is really good! (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵) it’s my first (or second time¿) reading a period piece manhwa and i gotta say that at the rate and quality that the author is going w/ it won’t be an easy comic to beat.

i’m super glad that i found out about this. it deserves so much more love than it’s getting. thank you to the scanlation team that picked it up and i wish you all the best in continuing it~ i’ll be here patiently and excitedly waiting for the releases.

btw, how many raws are out already? and is this on naver?

I really can't stop thinking about this manhwa 😭
I wish I could read Korean 😔

its been a while since i cried while reading manhwa. when she drew circle in milady hand i was 😭😭😭😭😭😭. cant help it, my heart hurts.

Thank you so much for translating this gold manhwa! I couldnt wait and read the raw myself and i kept thinking that
haesoo might be the 2nd male lead ? If sooa is the little mermaid and euihyeon is the prince, haesoo might be the ocean as in witch ? ( seeing that the meaning of haesoo is sea water )

at the prologue, euihyeon is standing with a woman(princess), in the future sooa the mermaid maybe choose to chase the prince rather than living in/with the ocean (haesoo) or prolly otherwise??
Also nokju said that haesoo is a medical student, if he still get drawn by the regret of killing sooa, he might offer to treat sooa's vocal cord ( giving her voice back )

This is only my opinion after reading the raw

aaah still.. i hope it turns out to be a happy ending for all of them tho it would be hard regarding the setting time ( japanese colonializm ;; )
and there is still 14 years left until the end of the sorrow 1945 ? Our heroine would be 32 y.o by then

Users who are viewing this thread