Gourmet Gaming - Vol. 1 Ch. 20 - Empress

Dex-chan lover
happy to hear that your scans team is enjoying the good and bad. thanks for the translation and the work you put into this

Thankyouthankyouthankyouuuuuuuu please continue binge TL IM SO HYPED FOR THIS

Mass release in 3 days is amazing yes, but there’s no point in it if your readers cant even understand wtf is going on.
Thank you for the increase in quality & your dedication to this series though! I look forward to re-reading this chapter after either ch 15 - 19 are fixed or the other group uploads a readable version.

The quality is better than the previous rush job, but your proofreader/QC-er are still lacking. The issue is not necessarily that there are mistakes, as it happens. It's that there are so many. Here's a list of everything I noticed:
[ol]"Durability: inifinite / infinite" in the two item description window
"It has an infinite durability?" - word is not necessary - awkward
"Take that knife closer to your sword" - "Bring" is probably a better verb, this is more nitpicky
"This item would be very convinient - misspelled, "convenient"
"The former emperor was suffering from illness that time." - Better as "at that time" or "then"
"So she was crowned at an early age and experience a lot of hardship" - tenses don't match in the sentence, should be past tense i.e. "experienced"
"But she always tell me that she gain strength from the food that I cook with a smile" - everything here should be past tense, i.e. "told", "gained", "cooked"
"But in the end, me, a mere chef, is not on the same league as Elle." - should be "I"; wrong tense and mixing of two phrases. Either it's "was not in the same league" or "was not on the same level"
"But before getting exiled in the palace..." - wrong preposition, should be "from"
"I can see His Majesty's greatness in Elle." - wrong tense, should be "could" or take it out and use "I saw His Majesty's greatness in Elle."
"And just a few days ago, I heard that her skills keeps getting great, as days goes by." - subject-verb agreements are wrong, "keep", "go"; bad word choice "getting better" or "becoming greater"
"I know the feeling of wanting to meet someone but you couldn't." - sounds weird?, "not being able to" or "being unable to" are better.
"Just like how Captain badly want to see Elle." - subject-verb, "wants"
"What if everyone is disgusted to me?" - should be "with"
"Now, here's some reward for you." - Some makes "reward" plural so it's either, "Here are some rewards" or "Here's a reward"
Still don't know what a "foundation" is. I'm assuming it's the event they participated in but very unclear.
"The morale of the soldier increased because of the dishes you've made." - should be "soldiers" since he's obviously not referring to a specific one
"The buff actually work?" - should be "worked" or "works", I'm guessing "worked" because the next phrase is in past tense
"By the way, do you know, how I could meet up with Elle?" - second comma is wrong, take it out
"I just don't want to watch, but I need to meet her personally." - weird English, instead of "watch" maybe "glimpse" or "catch a sight of her"; also because sentence already has "just don't", don't need "but"
"Class Condition are not met." - should be "is"
[/ol]

So yeah...as a reader, I commend you for trying to get stuff out quickly but personally, I'm just confused as to why so many things were missed.

> It will also help on paying our translators yoinked from PMS desc

How much are you paying your translators? From what I've seen, your translators are people who can't translate or who are scamming you by using machine translation.

I didn't know about this sniping or something, but I like it
for me, as long as the font choice is and the redraw is not just putting words on top of another words, it's good already.

thanks for translating

I really like the storyline and how the story develops.

but I can't turn my attention away from the npc background and how they behave, because it's almost impossible to do all that. I have to be a masochist to write all the program code or wait / make AI to do all of that which will take a very long time.

if this game is original, this game will definitely need thousands of updates to reach this point. which means this game doesn't come out right away like this but the game already exists but it's not as good as it is today and this game continues to be developed until it reaches this point. it will make this game possible in the real world, later.

Double-page supporter
I really love how he is being a cupid where ever he goes, maybe one day he too will have someone. Although the flashback of his Bros that he left hanging is sad. Come on man, your a good person, I bet your Bros like you just for yourself and will support you in your hard times. Be brave and give them a call, they are worried mate!

Users who are viewing this thread