Gourmet Gaming - Vol. 1 Ch. 21 - Potatoes

is,,,,, is the seed,,,,, a baby,,,,,
thank you for translating!

Double-page supporter
"this seed will respond to your love and devotion"

fucks the seed then buys it flowers

Dex-chan lover
No way, I loved the colored text in the speech bubbles! But I understand the problems people have with it so it's fine.

@Hadski
overall on this site people do not care about the quality.
Look at the figures, on each chapter of PMScans released first there were at least 14600 readers and only 5100 and 4000 took the time to reread (or read) those of Arang scans which have been there for 3 and 2 days

Plant waifu in the way.

Thanks for the new chapter!:)

-

I didn’t even realize the difference in quality because my brain just automatically adjusted the sentence to be more fluent lol

Again, there still seems to be a lot of things missed by your proofreaders and now two QCers. I also think your editor might be missing weird phrasing. Also, definitely pay more attention to capitalization. Y'all do it really strangely. For example, "Agricultural proficiency Raise to 1%. Achieve 100% to Acquire farming skills." Why are both verbs capitalized but important nouns aren't? Verbs shouldn't be capitalized in cases like this one. "Proficiency" should be capitalized because it's attached to "Agricultural" for sure; it's a matter of choice for "Farming Skills."

Farming types of equipment is over there!
Here, "Farming types of equipment" is weird phrasing. An editor could just take the liberty to rewrite it as "Farming equipment is over there!" Also, if keeping the original phrasing, "is" should be changed to "are" since "types" is the subject, not equipment.

Just pick up some sweet potatoes and give it to them!
So this isn't ungrammatical, but it feels wrong. Changing "pick" to "dig" makes the most sense because that's what he's actually doing. Also, "them" is weird because the only thing it could be referencing is Blaine, so it should be "give it to him!"

Agricultural proficiency Raise to 1%.
Again, subject-verb agreement. It should either be "Raised" or "Raises"...and not capitalized.

It's seems like there will be a lot of super rookies who will join the...
Should just be "It".

This'll be fun, I guess.
This should be something the editor picks up. "This" is referring to the tournament, but that's not how people speak. It's like asking, "How's the weather next week?" and somebody replying "This'll be hot." Lucia is replying and talking about something in the future, so it should be "It'll be fun, I guess."

You won't even know what will happen.
I think this is supposed to be the common phrase, "You'll never know what will happen."

No one can compare to Lucia in terms of ability, however.
This one is funny. Because I'm 99% positive "however" belongs with the sentence in the text bubble after this. "However, being full of yourself is not a good thing." So I don't know why this was placed in this text bubble.

I've also cleared all of the black sweet potatoes.
This verb choice reads weirdly. I think it might make more sense if it's "cleared out" or maybe just replace it with "harvested."

You're the only one who dug out that much potatoes.
"Much" should be "many" as somebody else has pointed out. I think the sentence/Blaine's meaning reads more clearly if it's written "You're the only one who has ever dug out that many potatoes."

You said I can eat it!
Reads better with "could."

You didn't even hesitate to tell me no.
I think this is mistranslated. This sentence means that Blaine told him "No" immediately when he asked if he could eat the sweet potatoes. But Blaine told him yes. So, I have no idea what is supposed to go here. Maybe "You didn't even think about telling me no." Makes more sense contextually, but again, not sure.

You can absorb magical attacks and physical attacks from players who doesn't have a 100 level gap to you.
"Doesn't" should be "don't" since "who" refers to "players." The second part of the sentence is phrased strangely. It's understandable, but strange. Something like, "players who are within a 100 level difference of you" or "players who have less than a 100 level gap with you."

Pick between an item that increases your defense or a skill that can absorb enemies attack.
Grammatically, that should be "enemies' attacks." But also, this entire text bubble doesn't make sense in the context of the game or what's happening. Because the skill is attached to the ring which gives him more defense. So he can't be picking between them. It's like the previous artifact skill on his sword. He will get both if he chooses the ring. Also, visually, his two options are the ring and the seed.

It does not have any special abilities or buffs.
This should be "They." Blaine is the speaker, and in his last text bubble he was talking about "fruits." He's referring back to those fruits, so this subject should be in the plural form. It doesn't make sense for him to switch to a singular form. "They do not have any special abilities or buffs."

Could have a deserving real reward here!
This is...translated poorly I think. Following the context of the previous text bubbles...it should be something like "Could contain a truly worthwhile reward inside." "Deserving" is describing the reward, so that means that reward is deserving of something, which makes no sense. Can also be rewritten as "could have a really worthwhile reward inside." The word "here" shouldn't be used there unless "have" is changed to "be". Because then, we are implying that the seed "could be a really worthwhile reward here" in the "Land of Farmers" from the previous text bubbles.

I've seen myself to you since from the start.
This makes no sense. My best guess is, "I've seen myself in you since the beginning!" or "I've seen myself in you from the start!"

Didn't I said I chose this seed?
Should be "say". Also "chose" would sound better as "am choosing". "This" should be "the." So the final sentence is, "Didn't I say I'm choosing the seed?"

The real owner of it is you.
Grammatically correct, but again, doesn't sound right. An editor thing? I think the sentence should be "You are its true owner." or "Its true owner is you." The words "true" and "real" are similar, but have different usage.

Achieve by those have the true farmer's patience.
This verb choice is incorrect. "Achieve" usually refers to a task or an accomplishment, not a material object. "Obtained" would serve better here.

There is a meter called "seed effort" it fills up according to you effort, love and care for the seeds.
There should be a period after "effort" otherwise, it's two sentences mashed together as a run-on. "you" should be "your." So should read, "There is a meter called "seed effort." It fills up according to your effort, love, and care for the seeds."

The seeds will respond to your devotion to it.
Should be "them" because the word is referring back to "the seeds" which is plural.

Again, a # of different things. Also, please pay attention to capitalization. Also, punctuation could also use some work. Please be attentive to not just if something is grammatically correct, but also if it actually makes sense within the context of what's happening. I hope my explanations were helpful.

Power Uploader
I see a potential Proofreader that needs to be in our team, do you wanna join? lol, *wink. Since you put so much effort. why not put it to good use. ^_^

BTW, quality checkers is for the graphics.. not for the wordings. should have indicated it.

I kind of hated it when you guys started translating too fast and just left the mistakes in there but now I can respect you guys with how much effort you put into actually giving us better quality scans, I don't really care if the translations are bad I just wanted it to be a readable translation but the translation on this is definitely getting better and I appreciate that. Thanks for the translation!

No thanks, I've had an awful experience being a proofreader in a different group. And also, y'all release way too often and I'm not good with deadlines. Good luck though.

Power Uploader
Thank you for your super effort on posting a long post just to correct and give suggestions... just wondering why you posted and not help, considering the time you spend constructing that post that I would definitely NOT do unless I am willing to help.. >.<... It's a talent wasted. anyway, good luck in your endeavor and hope you put that effort to good use. Not only here in scanlation scene but IRL as well. Peace.

Awesome... You guys improve a lot,,, 😍 thank you so much😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘

Power Uploader
@TopNepp Thanks, for appreciating our works, we also put so much effort into SFX and redraws so that you can fully appreciate it

Users who are viewing this thread