Gourmet Gaming - Vol. 1 Ch. 30 - Spam

@Juslin ngl, the idea of boiled spam sounds gross, but in reality we use it to replace sausages in soup all the time.

Anyway, I'm off to cook up some spam and rice now

Dex-chan lover
Some people don't like spam??
I mean, your life, your choice I guess, but you guys are missing out on such a simple and delicious meal.
Yeah, I'd say if health reasons were your concern, spam isn't very healthy, but then again, something like this once in a while wont hurt.

edit: after looking thru the comments, there was like 1 guy who said he didn't like spam lmao, here I thought it was a battleground of spam hate/defenders.

yeah i grew up with the idea spam was kind of gross, mainly cause i never thought to fry that shit up. crispy spam is delicious af. basically like any fried sausage/hotdog. good salty meat, fried up. like what else ya want ya know?

Double-page supporter
How low must be your self-respect, self-esteem and confidence that you call out the group that you sniped and who has better translation while having the same quality raws than you? The only thing they did a bit worst than you is the text font (and it's not that bothersome)

Also, -21 to being a dick when you are already at level 999 doesn't change much. Plus, the comment before at least add 50 to being a douchebag.

So has always, the friendly group PMScans strike again.

Spam is amazing since you can cook it in many different way. With rice, eggs, as sushi, in budae jjigae, with ramen, etc. I think the biggest thing is that spam is very nostalgic for many Asians since its cheap and it does reminds us of childhood.

It’s nice to give them the raws but please don’t give them your previous translations. They’re readable now but the other group still translates it way better, don’t get too ahead of yourselves. I appreciate that you guys put the effort to improve but it’s still far from good enough to be proud of it.

Meo

Dex-chan lover
I prefer my pan fried spam between bread with mayo.

@sonaguee

Agreed, there’s definitely improvement. It’s like a grade schooler graduating to middle school, with still the same amount of maturity.

Double-page supporter
Isn't spam just conserved, discount bacon?
Why would anyone eat that over bacon for any reason other than financial ones? Honestly I'd probably opt for a third alternative if bacon wasn't within my budget.

EDIT:
wHy ArE pEoPlE hAtInG oN sPaM??!?
Because you can make the same things, except more delicious with bacon, pork fillet, ham cutlets etc.
LMAO, poor people. Even for lower middle class people
(in first world countries)
, it's not a noticeable expense to buy real pork meat.

@Degernase I'm guessing its a cultural thing in around Asia and Hawaii, I'm from the Philippines and spam is notorious there as a staple food but when I moved here to Australia cooking spam was a weird thought when my Aussie friends asked why, I didn't know it wasn't as popular or common here as in where I used to live. So I just guessed we've all just got a taste for spam growing up as a kid. And I hear that its mainly because it was served as ration food during WW 2 and it got popular in and around the pacific when it was introduced by the Americans at the time.

@Dreadful Its funny, knowing how much of American cuisine has affected the food cultures of other nations. With simple items such as KFC, Coca cola, and spam.

@HellifIknow True, a lot of food in our modern age is most likely affected by another culture some way or another because of past events in history. Which is a great thing to learn about and sometimes practice it in our everyday lives.

Hamburger, fries, nuggets? Why are the imperial chefs making fast food for the empress?

Users who are viewing this thread