Gourmet Gaming

Why did the translators get 'bulimia'? The main character obviously has a "binge eating disorder" (BED). They need to stop discriminating and get their facts right.

Bulimia: “People with this condition binge eat. They then take steps to avoid weight gain. Most commonly, this means vomiting (purging).“
I dont think thats bulimia...

Ada

I would totally play that game, I love food and especially chocolate (which is why I am chubby)!

First of all, bulimia is an eating disorder that INCLUDES vomiting or consuming laxatives as a way to get rid of the food eaten. It SOMETIMES includes obesity, but not always.
Secondly, they made him look like an abnormally huge guy with his *cough* "towering 185cm height"... I mean, yes, maybe in S. Korea 185cm is a lot, but he is not as huge as the artist depicted him in the art (like, his buff friend looks tiny compared to him). (ffs I'm 179cm tall and I'm a girl, and I'm not even that unusually tall in my country, I know girls who are even taller). 😂

He probably has a leptin receptor deficiency (definitely not bulimia as everyone else pointed out)... I feel bad for him. It must be torture to never feel satisfied and always feel hungry instead. He's a very likable MC, I hope the chapters get a little bit longer though.

A classic traditional non-reincarnation non-fantasy non-game world isekai.

I like this story, the mc is a normal person with a medical condition, he has so many people rooting and helping him. And there really isn't any asshole element to the mc or any characters so far. The story also taps into a disorder that I had never ehard of before and I can't wait to read more.

I just log in just to comment this on comment section. I don't know if the word "Bulimia" is what you translate from Korean as it is, but if so then the author of this Manhwa is really disappointing and need to recheck what the word they want to use on their Manhwa. Bulimia is a real disease that can harm the body.

For anyone that doesn't know what "Bulimia" is, it is a serious eating disorder is characterized by overeating, followed by a method to avoid weight gain. Bulimia is a potentially life-treating disorder. People with this condition eat uncontrollably, then they take steps to avoid gaining weight. Most commonly, this means vomiting the food before it get being digested. In summary, people who have bulimia won't even gain weight, heck not even get obese. In fact, they are malnutrition to the point that you can clearly see their ribs wrapped behind their flesh.

I know, 'cause I study on medical school and its worrisome that the author use the wrong word that can make other people have misunderstanding about the disease.

i love how positive and supportive his relationships are??? like damn i wish i could have that too. its nice to see a comic with such positive characters.

i can't comment on the bulimia thing because i barely know anything about that field, though the others do have a point about the disorder MC has not sounding like bulimia. the furthest extent of my knowledge is that people with bulimia dont gain weight because they purge everything they eat, and MC sounds more like a very extreme binge eater than someone with bulimia. ...i feel bad for him though, never being satisfied no matter how much you eat sounds painful. i'm already at risk because of genetics but if i had the same condition as the MC i'd definitely fall into a depressive state :(

Dex-chan lover
Author/translator: I don't think bulimia means what you think it means.

Group Leader
So I checked the original description for the manhwa and there was a translation error. The korean word for bulimia is 폭식증 (pokshikjeung). However, the description in korean uses the word 폭식 (pokshik), which means "voracity" or "binge-eating", which seems to be much more fitting than bulimia, although I cannot tell for sure if the MC has a binge-eating disorder or anything of the such. It's only one character off, but it changes the meaning completely.

Translators, please correct the description as using wrong terms, especially when it comes to eating disorders, can be very misinforming and could pass off as the translators or the author making light of the disorder, which is (hopefully) not the case.

Read this! This is like really good I LIKE ALL THE CHARACTERS!! Especially general and main! I ship them!

Aggregator gang
so many VR stories about someone becoming the best cause they were on top and got hacked or to show up someone in real life...or way too many knockoffs/spinoffs of the one everybody loves to hate that's initially about surviving trapped in a virtual world turned death game...but I think this is the first time I've seen the MC just playing for the sake of not dying IRL without said overused death game mechanic
we'll just have to see how it goes

Users who are viewing this thread