Gourmet Gaming

I am starting to get toriko vibes, but where the chef wasn't useless for the majority of battles.

Reading each chapter gave me goosebumps. I’m somewhat in a similar situation.

God bless the author who came up with this, the artist who gave justice with the visuals, and translators who made it possible for us to read and appreciate it.

I may not be able to donate now (financial crisis) but when the time comes, I’ll give back tenfolds.

Once again, thank you!

To all of those complaining about the use of the word 'bulimia' as the illness that the MC has:

In the original Korean, the author does NOT use the word for Bulimia which is 과식증. Instead they use 폭식 결여증 which is a made up illness. 폭식 means binge eating, 결여 means deficiency, and 증 means disorder. Author likely meant a disorder in which the patient binge eats without being satisfied, likely making then feel deficient.

Please keep in mind that what you are reading is a fan translation and may not convey directly what the author has written in their native language. The translation groups have done the best they could and they also explain so in a note at the bottom of chapters 2-5.

The author did not make fun of or belittle any sort of existing eating disorder and instead tried to create a new disorder that would make sense for his MC. That being said, if you are triggered in any way by eating disorders, please don't read this. Obviously even though it is a nonexistent diagnosis, the MC still struggles with unhealthy habits of binge eating and subsequent purging through mass abouts of exercise.

I really, really fucking hate the people who jump the gun when it comes to something "touchy." Any disorder is honestly heart-breaking, not sorry if you don't like my choice of words. @Mojjisung explained how author actually came up with a non-existent disorder. Stop spewing hate without doing further research. "I aM ouTraGed anD fUriOUs" Get your twitter ass out of here.

Double-page supporter
Well, if that’s the case, you can also refer back to the dldr rule (don’t like don’t read) because essentially your problem is you do not like the work’s premise/character/how the author expressed their work.

As much as it feels unfair for you, it is also unfair for the creator to be constrained by many societal rules that have no power to stop then in the first place.

I was not expecting anything and I found a masterpiece.. im hooked and i need more!

edit: as far as the genuine illness that caused one to eat without ever really feeling satisfied.. i have it myself.. tho its not an 'illness' per say.. im not 'diagnosed' with anything with a name for eating.. but this exists.. its a disconnect between your stomach and brain that doesnt tell you when you are full.. you eat till you are sick and then continue eating right afterwards.. sometimes you dont even finish retching before shoving another thing down your throat.. it is just as disgusting as it sounds.. i have had the misfortune of knowing exactly what many foods taste like going down and back up..

bulimia?.. well in this case, mine and the mc.. the literal, binge eating.. and instead of purging intentionally its because you pushed your stomach too far and the new food has to go somewhere, somewhere being up, thus a 'purge' of sorts.. and then more eating.. until you're too tired to continue.. this involves cold sweats.. alot of energy spent, mostly by retching, and more continuous eating.. mostly mindless eating.. bulimia isnt too far off tbh..

what i have is usually just chucked under overeating and obesity.. and to my knowledge it doesnt have a real name.. but it most certainly exists.. @Mojjisung explained about the difference in translation.. but it is not non-existant.. as i have it too.. -,- if anything it's a disorder.. as its treatable.. an illness doesnt ever go away..

i'd also like to add that this is no way bothers me.. i really enjoy this story, ive rated it with 10 stars..

if vr gets to the point of a full dive within my lifetime i wouldnt mind doing just as this mc does so i can enjoy food again.. much like the mc im on a rather strict diet in an attempt to lose weight.. luckily we caught onto my issues earlier than this guy, i topped out at 419lbs before getting the help i required.. i was on the edge of getting diabetes and severe heart issues and the such, but again.. i was lucky..

lastly.. im thankful to the author and translators... even if im on a manga aggregator website.. lol

you know with all the random stuff this MC does in game i really wonder what kind of rumors or other stories are circulating about him in the player base. his "reputation" if you will. since this MC's priorities in game is no where near the same as a "normal" gamer its going to be notices, hell the NPC AI notices hes not the same as other players so there must be stories about this guy by now (as of Arang Scans translated ch 31-32).

as for his sickness, genetic and/or psyc problems are not always straight forward, so they may be unique cause of combo effects. i sympathize even if i dont have a clue what its like for the poor kid.

Dex-chan lover
come on guys PMscans' version is caught up with the raws. (thougn Arang scans > PMscans)

Comedy level is top-tier.
Thank you Arang scans for translating this!!

Wow. That took me a whole week to read! That's very long in my books. Thanks you translation teaaaam

Users who are viewing this thread