Grammarly incompatible with format buttons

Not really a bug, but wanted to bring it to your attention. Grammarly interferes with the format buttons (bbcode and emoji).
Replaces ALL text with just the bbcode/emoji. Breaks undo/redo history after format buttons are pressed, so you cant recover text once its lost.

Considering the popularity of the Grammarly browser extension, you may want to consider adding
Code:
data-gramm_editor="false"
to the textarea, ie
Code:
<textarea data-gramm_editor="false" rows="10" type="text" class="form-control" id="text" name="text" placeholder="BBCode allowed" required=""></textarea>
to stop it from hijacking the text editor until the situation changes (aka, retest after major overhauls on JS formatting code or text editor ).
Problem observed on Firefox and Chromium.

rdn

Forum Admin
Staff
Developer
@firefish5000
We'll see if there is a better solution than adding code to the site, that only keeps a specific browser extension from misbehaving.

@rdn That would be ideal. Just wanted to make sure you know about this so you can mention it the next time a users says "I pushed a emoji and everything I typed was deleted! That stupid emoji is laughing at me as we speak!". And gave that as a quick solution. Possibly also data-gramm="false".
I don't have time to look any further than that myself (too frustrated with it. So many walls of text I lost to that stupid thing), I just deleted grammarly and moved on.

No rush, fixing it won't affect me, and its not really your bug to begin with. Installed grammarly months back when firefox nightly spell checker broke. I have no use for it now.

Users who are viewing this thread