Gun-Ota ga Mahou Sekai ni Tensei shitara, Gendai Heiki de Guntai Harem wo Tsukucchaimashita!? - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
So, would lizards bother to build a cage to carry a child? I think it would be easier to simply carry her on their shoulders or back. The cage probably weights 1/2 her weight. So there is no point in using 2 lizards to carry 1.5 times of the weight. Plus, they'd have to carry the empty cage all the way to the village without the guarantee of finding someone to kidnap.

Aggregator gang
Actually, smokeless powder has varying smell, both spent and unspent, based on its composition and form. Smokeless powder is called so because it has considerably less smoke created compared to black powder.
But I guess since he's using magic rather than powder, it can be forgiven.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, their eyes and eyebrows look exactly identical on page 10. Copy+Paste?

"... You're right... we're just about as suspicious as the lizardmen, huh..."
......... No? Was that a joke?

Usually I wouldn't mind more flirting between protag and harem member, but beginning 'in medias res' (something I have never in my life seen a single good instance of in any media) where there's no introduction (and thus it feels unearned) and the weirdly aggressive and out-of-nowhere-ness of it makes it feel off-putting.

I really don't like stories that start 'in medias res' because I have to be eased in to a story, I have to meet the characters and get a feel for them. If it just suddenly shows people I don't know doing something action-y, I just don't care. Then after that, retro-active explanations feel forced. (Not really ragging on this story specifically in this regard, it's just something that's always bugged me)

I feel like it's been a while since I've read something with art this bad.

if you have a gun, and the enemy doesn't see you, the obvious thing to do IS NOT TO CHARGE IN FRONT OF THEM.

Double-page supporter
'smokeless gunpower doesn't have a smell when burnt'
nice start, gun otaku mc...

You know what the best sort of ambush would be for a group moving a kidnapping victim? Boobytrapped FRAGMENTATION GRENADES, OF COURSE! :D Jesus christ. The blast should have killed the entire god damned group, including the child they were trying to rescue.

Dex-chan lover
Already can tell how shitty this manga is, both story and art. Gonna read it while complaining anyway.
Btw I think the teacher could have some problems with her neck, it seems she can't keep her head straight.

Everyone knows AKs have an effective range of 1 foot so our heroes assault through the zone while the enemy is still disoriented.

The cage was actually used by the villagers to keep chickens. The lizards took it because they forgot to bring rope because they're dumb lizards.

And uhhh... everyone knows fragmentation grenades have a blast radius of only 1 foot.

Users who are viewing this thread