Gushing over Magical Girls - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Double-page supporter
@Shinder
Not saying there is zero possibility of someone at that age knowing, just that I think the chances of her not knowing are more likely then that of knowing.

@neorasp
Well yes, information is a lot more readily available even in just the last decade.

Dex-chan lover
Information may be more available than ever before in the history of humanity but you'd find that most people are extremely ignorant and dumb motherfuckers anyway.
Besides, what is common knowledge for us people who are so deep into this that we're reading an SM yuri mahou shoujo manga is completely different from what is common knowledge for an average middle schooler Japanese girl who just admires magical girls and wants to become one. And I bet you she's got some things she believes are completely common knowledge that we wouldn't know at all.
Everyone's a dumb ignorant monkey, thing is that that everyone's a dumb monkey at different things.

why even discuss shit about middle schooler might knowing about SM or not?
50 shades of grey is exist you know, that shit alone should justify that not many of mankind population have any idea what SM actually is

Guys, this is just a comedy manga a little bit echi, so stop overthinking, I don't want to feel bad about reading it XD

Power Uploader
@Babydel I thought she was in high school, anyway she lives in Japan where this kind of manga gets released in shounen jump and other magazines aimed to middle-high school students so I still would expect the average middle school student to know what S&M is (at least the definition/meaning of the word), which is not the same as reading or being into that. Of course, if we are talking ‘in universe’ it could be that her japan version is more tame than the actual Japan, so I guess there is that too.

@ScarecrowB
Already said it, not many of earth population know what the term SM is and even less know exactly the in-depht of it

Not all JK into shounen jump (you even read the tag of this manga? this is seinen, seinen have different releases than jump)
Not all JK know what even the term SM refer to
Not all students, even to these days and even less for JK, have the same sexual drives that open up to kinky shit like any of you do

I don't want to said it but if you keep pushing this "uuuuhhhh japanese schoolers are more kinkier and open to it" all I'm gonna said is
stfu pedos

Also, the idea of just because someone knows what shibari is instantly make them know what SM is are fckin retarded.
Some shounen manga might show a reference to shibari but most likely they'll never directly refer to SM.

Power Uploader
@APSINTHOS Dude, chill. You are saying it like just by knowing the word automatically makes you a super kinky pervert, you can know what something means without being into that. Also, this manga was recommended to me by nephew who is 15 (he is more into My Hero Academia sort of mangas but also checks the front page of mangadex), the term/concept isn’t that rare as you want to think it is (although that doesn’t mean all kids who know about the word are kinky perverts, it just means they know what the word means, they might just have a vague understanding of what it means but they get the general idea).

Anyway, it’s stupid to argue about the % of people who knows what SM is, so let’s just go back to enjoy this manga.

Dex-chan lover
OMG xD i did NOT think it was going to go in this direction tbh xD it actually makes the rest of the manga make a lot of sense now tho, since it talked about how she loved magical girls... but now we just find out that her love is an SM kinda love xD and tbh lets be real, so many of those sentai villain costumes were like something straight out of an SM catalog

Dex-chan lover
@Pachka84 don't forget it's not just a blindfold, it's a magic blindfold that is empowered by dark sorceries. It wouldn't be surprising if it shut out all light entirely.

I don't think the magical girl's are very powerful individually, either.

Fed-Kun's army
It just occured to me but doesn't the S+M lady tying the other lady up in page 10 resemble her homeroom teacher?

Users who are viewing this thread