Gushing over Magical Girls - Vol. 8 Ch. 40

Dex-chan lover
I was annoyed at first too, especially since it had technically been done before with Korisu's debut and the dungeon/Ninja Warrior thing among others. Actually thinking back on it, this author is a big fan of "instanced dungeons" as a setting. Some kind of area that exists separately from the outside world or at least the city.

But it's actually kind of a trope in mahou shoujo series. With Madoka and Daybreak Illusion being my earliest introduction to the genre, I can clearly remember so many of their fights happening in some sort of hidden realm. With that in mind it's not such a bad thing, it's just the execution that's a little off. Granted, this story has always had an unapologetically breakneck pace.

It was easier to reread this chapter when I understood that this was actually a setup for really good interactions and introspection later on though. This author might be blatant but their planning ability as far as characterization goes is pretty damn good so far.

Dex-chan lover
I think the hair on page 20 was foreshadowing with the hair all like that.
did everyone realize that or am I just stupid.

Fed-Kun's army
I’ve gotten over SulfurKiwi, KiwiAzul is the new hotness

Dex-chan lover
I kind of thought the Sulfur lesbian awakening thing was just a quick joke last chapter, but it looks like she's seriously interested in sapphic relationships here.

That's really refreshing, actually. Surprisingly wholesome, especially for a manga like this.

Users who are viewing this thread