Gyaru to Kyouryuu - Vol. 2 Ch. 21 - A Friend

Dex-chan lover
@4V29LN0n
I'm in a lot of bird owners communities, it's even on the average reward that amount.

Also that farewell reminded me of Alex the Parrot
67806b8ef904c296312b3589121679a3.jpg

Dex-chan lover
for anyone complaining about it being in USD, have you seen the dollar/yen rate lately. it's nearly 100y=$1.

japanese hobby companies can expect a big influx from foolish americans buying figures and models and sex toys when the payment rolls out.

Dex-chan lover
That's... not a parakeet. Does the author not know that, or did it just use a generic word for bird word in the Japanese?

Dex-chan lover
@Jaegrqualm
It has about as much context as American dollars do, to people who use neither. Better to keep it as the original than leave me having to remind myself "no, wait, the other dollars" and have to convert.
Besides, even for those who are familiar with American dollars, people who read manga gain a grasp of what the yen is worth anyway.

Still, it's better than translators who convert metric into US Customary. At least the "30 centimeters tall" was intelligible.

Group Leader
@Brightamethyst ding ding ding, you are correct; that is indeed not a parakeet. The raws say インコ (which as far as I'm aware is just the generic word for "parrot"), and I thought pfft that's not a parrot that's a parakeet (I am now aware that parakeets are, in fact, parrots), well turns out it's definitely not a parakeet and is instead likely a cockatiel (which is apparently still a parrot). In my defense, if someone said "I have a parrot" I'd be expecting an African Gray or something, not this yellow fake-parrot motherfucker. Will fix the pages SoonTM

Tldr I don't know shit about birds

Dex-chan lover
I'm crushed by this goodbye.

Also I think the anime looks fine for what the manga is.

Dex-chan lover
Poor Dino, for every meeting there must also be a parting. ;_; Maybe they'll reunite in a later chapter.
I'm enjoying the anime. Dino looks great (well there's not much to him but whatevs).

Dex-chan lover
@Brightamethyst @HetZek actually you're both wrong, cockatiels are parakeets. Usually the word parakeet refers to budgies (I have two and they're very cute) but it actually means a parrot with a small body and a long tail. So cockatiels are parakeets. And all parakeets are parrots but not all parrots are parakeets!

Users who are viewing this thread