Gyaru to Otaku wa Wakari Aenai. - Vol. 5 Ch. 50

Group Leader
@Lilliwyt
If you start translating a manga, you do it right, you don't translate chapter from time to time and only those you like.
You're not my boss and you don't give me paycheck. You don't get to tell me what to do. Stop being so entitled. Just ignore, use group block feature and go away if you don't like it.

Dex-chan lover
This is honestly fine, if a manga goes out of it’s way to string readers along for a huge amount of chapters, only to end in a basically neutral status, it’s better to just cut to the chase.
I even kinda wish other average TLers did this to at least give us some closure.

Group Leader
@Lilliwyt

You know me from Zenryoku Henai Girl. Keeping people motivated in scanlation is impossible. While I don't like what these guys did, and think they're spouting nonsense, I think your energy is better spend talking to the group you support and show how you support them.

This group thrive on getting people triggered. They're poor saps in need of attention. Any self-respecting scanlator would not post to mangadex again after the shit the fans have given them, yet here they are.

Have a great day

Group Leader
This is a troll post and there are entirely too many of you taking the bait.

This isn't even a very original troll, there are tons of other "sub groups" that do the same thing, they pick a manga that's popular but behind and jump way ahead just because it upsets people.

Stop taking the bait.

Dex-chan lover
if SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS does the first chapter of a manga, and then someone else snipes the last chapter, they're probably going to drop it.

Spoiler : He is the only one dumb enough to upload last chapter before the rest and another spoiler : Most of the time he start translating, he dropped it right away so i don't think he care about that in the slightest. Given he care about something anyway.

I think your energy is better spend talking to the group you support and show how you support them.

Don't worry about that, i can both support a group i like and flame someone who just want people to flame him then cry he got flame.

Dex-chan lover
Tbh, at least the quality is decent, really good, actually.

Unlike some scans...

Dex-chan lover
@Lilliwyt
Mangadex don't have actually the balls to stop him all together or even have a rule against random chapter upload
No, that's not it. As I've told you previously, the problem is one of writing a rule that won't end-up prohibiting benign behavior and won't be abused by some administrator acting on something like a grudge. (The world offers many illustrations of the principle that many of those seeking administrative rôles are jerks, and at least one of the MangaDex administrators is just that.) The trolls would be thrilled to cause MangaDex to adopt a rule that caused benign efforts to be removed by administrators. If you think that a proper rule can be written, then try actually to compose it. Don't just describe such a rule loosely; compose a proposed rule that won't be inadvertently or willfully applied to benign efforts.

Double-page supporter
As much as sniping or completely skipping to the end is annoying. I am glad I didn't sit through another 36 (maths?) chapters to reach that conclusion.

Dex-chan lover
@Oeconomist The problem lie in the concept itself of the site a.k.a letting team upload chapter of mangas. In itself it's a nice concept but it had flaws like this case. On the principle he still upload chapters but in reality he upload in random order and even sometime upload end of the mangas even it's a huge gap with the current translation. Of course putting a rule against that kind of behavior can have problems and work against those who don't have ill intents like this one but what ? There is really nothing we can do against such obvious ill behavior ?

Dex-chan lover
@Lilliwyt The obvious answer would be to learn to suck it up and ignore it lol. Why bother placing on other people something that can very easily be placed upon yourself?

Dex-chan lover
@Lilliwyt

I'm quite aware of the corrosive effect of his behavior; I carefully built the case that got the developers to warn user who used links on the Follows page about gaps. (The present system of warnings is less than what I wanted and want. I explained to a developer how to implement a better system without the execution costs that he feared; he said that he wanted to postpone any such development until after some more fundamental changes to the site software.)

You're still not presenting more than a very vague description of how you think things ought to be done. It would be a fool's errand to critique every possible interpretation of what you might want. You need to compose a proposed rule, and ideally to submit it in the Suggestions forum, or to stop attacking the administrators for not doing more.

And you really need to heed those who try to get you to see that you shouldn't get agitated by trolls. Trolls are weaklings who seek a sense of empowerment through acts of cruelty, and are gratified by your cries of frustration.

Dex-chan lover
@Oeconomist I mean, you asking me to create who basically go against the main point of the sites : uploading chapters. I honestly don't have the timer neither the patience to create just because of one uploader particulaty (idk if there are other cases like that cause i rarely read other than Yuri/Shoujo).

Whatever i guess, there will be still peoples coming to talk shit about those uploads even if i stop. Nothing good will come anyway. Just asking to stop pinging me for this issue for now on cause i don't even care anymore at this point.

Dex-chan lover
All right, Lilliwyt, as per your request, I won't ping you, but I will reply. (If you don't want a reply, then don't fire a Parthian shot.)

Your unwillingness to make a serious attempt to create a rule prevents you from thinking-through just how difficult it would be to create a good rule; more specifically, I'm pretty sure that it cannot be done. (The way to prove me wrong would be by doing it.) In any case, you are unjustified claiming that the admins aren't doing it because they lack whatever you mean by “balls”; they aren't doing it because they don't see how to do it.

Yes, there would still be people feeding the trolls if you stopped; and, even if no one complained, some trolls would just guess at the unhappiness that they were causing. But there would be fewer people if your stopped, and the trolls would get less gratification. Increasing the rewards for an activity tends to increase the level of that activity, and decreasing the rewards tends to decrease the level of activity.

Dex-chan lover
@Aurland

The scanlator who posted this upload will not post scanlations of all the remaining chapters; whether some other party or parties will do so remains to be seen. My best guess is that the series will not be completely scanlated. (And I have zero expectation that the series will be commercially licensed for translation.)

Fed-Kun's army
Who woulda thunk the series went nowhere in 50 chapters. Thanks for translating the final chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread