Hachinan tte, Sore wa Nai Deshou! - Vol. 8 Ch. 47

Dex-chan lover
Kurt does not deserve the name Kurt. From this point hence he will be known as fuck face

Fed-Kun's army
bruh. this guy makes like pretty much 50 silver a year. MC left the family bc they were really poor.
a baron's son of a land that small and poor can't afford to pick a fight with the church and dukes.

mc can even call the church to excommunicate him for taking advantage of the dead and close trade routes through the Baron.
boom. He either has to be exiled or die. Baron can't even retire at this point too.

@Tmil he's an adult. He has to understand his actions. Moreover, the father Baron should've taken action. It's a small house with an inability to afford education, so to survive, they need to have a good intuition. Otherwise, the house is going to fall either way.

Another note, their land is prime real estate right now. The kingdom's current military has made huge advances in defeating calamities and spreading their land. People aren't going to sit still over a forest rich in resources. In fact, I bet MC is going to inherit their land and more.

Dex-chan lover
Actually, just let him not doing any memorial services, the undead will be reborn, and later he will not have any strenght to defend from them.

Dex-chan lover
As this approaches the last arc I can remember reading, I went to check if the novel had gotten dropped or why I don't remember seeing any chapters pop up in ages... Turns out I never added it to the damn reading list, so I have no clue what chapter I am at :p
Anyone remember what chapter the end of this arc corresponds to in the novel?

Dex-chan lover
MC is such a wussy. He couldn't get his act together at all before someone started insulting his fiancee. But of course that's consistent with his character from the beginning. He's a dude totally lacking an ego and any ambition or pride. He's just doing what he's told to do like a robot, and that's it.

Dex-chan lover
@SweatyBrie Not to mention he's the 8th son so unless all his older brothers died he wouldn't really get anything from staying, which is a big part of why he left. It seems like his brother is so caught up in his jealousy and inferiority complex that he can't even think passed getting one over on Wendelin. Wendelin is probably not cruel enough to basically destroy his father's house to get back at his brother but he'd probably kill him if he insulted his friends and lovers anymore than he already has.

Older Brother is being an asshole, but daily reminder that none of this would be happening if their father had been upfront and honest about everything from the start. Kurt already tried, behind closed doors and before MC ever came home, to work out a reasonable arrangement that benefited everyone, and it was their father who shot it down and basically said "it's you or your brother, no middle ground."

I said this last chapter, but I blame absolutely everything that is happening on their moron of a father. Kurt already tried to be reasonable and level-headed, and was basically laughed at and told it's a dog-eat-dog world, that shit won't fly. As though Wendelin wouldn't have taken Kurt's side in that argument against their father if he had been there for it.

All of this is happening because of their father setting his own children against one another and refusing to allow or accept reasonable solutions to his estate. Kurt is overreacting and making enemies, and he deserves to be punched in the face, but he's a symptom here, not the root cause.

What actually makes me angry is that it looks as though all of this is going to be put off on Kurt, and their father is basically going to get away scot free. I know how this plotline goes because the novel readers have mentioned it and spoiled things, but of course, the adaptations can be different.

Lord Raine has a point. A lot of this is actually the dad’s fault for setting his children against each other.

Fantasy/medieval politics or not, setting your children against each other does not make for a healthy family relationship.
That’s how you get factional civil wars between siblings.

Dex-chan lover
wen should have used his Aura to overpower him, wen shouldn't have let him talk bad to his fiance.

Dex-chan lover
What a waste of a chapter, all this yapping could have been summarized in 4 pages. Fucking Kurt got more screen time than the priestess waifu.

Dex-chan lover
Why does the idiot older brother not realize that he could rightly be called out onto the carpet for his bull to a higher noble?
Seriously. They could quite easily call out for a duel due to the lack of respect, and murder the idiot legally.

Dex-chan lover
@Lord-Raine : Not really, the father was basically asking Kurt if he's willing to give up the head position for his plan and Kurt didn't want to.

Because the moment they go with Kurt's idea of just having Wendelin utilize his magic to develop the territory, the population would question why is Kurt even the head/designated heir at all if Wendelin is the one doing all these works.
And even if all the villagers don't say anything, the moment the information leave the territory, the father, and Kurt if he eventually become the head, will receive criticism by other nobles for basically leeching off Wendelin's works without giving him appropriate rewards (they can't, the family isn't that rich obviously)

And it's not like dad here has the power to change the views of others (especially those outside the territory and the other nobles with higher ranks), all he can do is try to steer the ship to what he think is best.

Fed-Kun's army
On the one hand, it's definitely a terrible thing the father did to pit them against one another. The only excuse I can think of is that the author wants to establish that this is "just how things go."

But, on the other hand, looking back at the very chapter this is brought up. I feel it's really more of his father explaining the reality of what could happen if he doesn't get his own act together and prove himself. That whole chapter made it clear it was Kurt's POV. Kurt has been shown to see things the way he WANTS to see things. Also in that chapter showed that Kurt was worried about ALL his brothers potentially taking his position as he goes through the list. It wouldn't be a stretch to think that he distorted his father's words.

You could also take it another way for the MC. If the MC stays, he'll have nothing. Eighth son of a piss poor family and no prospects of inheriting land, short of ALL of his older siblings dying, which is a terrifying thought in itself. So, it would be better to "chase" him out.

IIRC, while doesn't show it in the manga, but from the MC's POV, even before he started to read and learn about magic, he didn't have good relationship with Kurt. Which makes it all the more reasonable for their father to say something to Kurt after seeing the MC excel at magic.

@Lord-Raine, the part where Kurt tried to be "reasonable" appears less about being a decent family and more about using the MC for his own benefit, which is clearly what their father says... you want to use him, but that will only backfire. And it's because he hasn't shown himself a capable lord.

This is pretty long winded, but the short of it is, I think Kurt distorted what his father said and is only making excuses for himself, as usual.

Users who are viewing this thread