Hachinan tte, Sore wa Nai Deshou! - Vol. 8 Ch. 48 - Main And Branch Families

I had almost forgotten about this. Thanks for the upload.

That being said, what a world of difference this is from the anime... like what happened to all of Vell's competency from here or the source material over the anime?

Dex-chan lover
@Silvernius Yeah ... it's the reason I had a hard time watching it and stopped midway. Anime MC felt like a different Person from the other Stories, it changed the feeling of the show too much.

@theShear About the only thing I liked there were the cleaner designs for some of the characters... That's about it, frankly. It's like they drowned Vell in the anime in nerf sauce.

Supporter
Idk what they were thinking with the anime but it was an abomination.

Dex-chan lover
So much convoluted and politics in the world of Medieval Nobles..
Main family this, Branch family that,
whose marry whose.
and on the edge of region, there's still sly fox

Dex-chan lover
The MC will soon have that many children of his own, considering the number of his wives.

Fed-Kun's army
There's a crucial element that needs to be removed when adapting work into anime/film. Take out the inner monologues and turn it into conversation.

It just doesn't work, focusing on that character and making their voice echo. The focus and pacing is just unnatural and it makes the scene feel longer.

When you read it, you're mostly in first person view so it's fine; but when you are watching it, it's completely from 3rd person.

Dex-chan lover
I mean if a main family ends up with less power than a branch family I'd imagine the branch family should just split off and become it's own main family. Maybe the politics in this world just don't allow for that.
I mean I guess it might be them putting up with it for their ancestor's honor but I don't know how long that would last.
After all main family is so far gone even their butler seems to be plotting against them.

Can we get the TL team to sit down and decide a FINAL name for the protagonist? Some chapters are Well, some chapters are Vell. Pick one and stick with it, instead of swapping back and forth every other chapter.

Dex-chan lover
> I instantly liked this branch family. They know that good for nothing big brother was an as*hole.... hahahahahaha

> That old man, something is not dangerous what he says, well, he didnt yet tried to rally in the expedition i think even once, so he can say that words without any care....

I'm still not a fan of how much Kurt is getting thrown under the bus by all of this. Maybe this is an example of something being lost in the translation from LN to manga, but he has literally done nothing wrong in this version of the story. He tried to push for a peaceful solution that would help cut down on vermin and give more food to the people who work and live on the estate, and it was his father who shot that idea down and basically told him "it's you or the MC."

The father, and this servant that's manipulating things, are the two sources of all the problems that have happened and are happening. Their father is literally pitting his own children against each other and refusing to permit cooperation or reform that would help the people of the estate, reform that KURT proposed. And yet Kurt is left holding the back for the role of villain.

Maybe Kurt is more of an asshole in the LN, maybe this is just getting lost in translation. But him being part of the problem is something we are TOLD is true, not something we are SHOWN, and what we're being shown is something totally different. What makes matters worse is that, I know how this goes because of LN spoilers, which makes what's going to happen with Kurt even more absurd.
Kurt basically snaps and tries to murder the MC, and ends up being killed for it.
Maybe that makes sense in the LN, but it sure as hell doesn't make any sense here. None of this does. Hell, even the KING is more guilty of manipulating people and being an asshole than Kurt is, since it's already been shown here in the manga that he fully intended for sending the MC back home to cause some kind of drama that would result in him taking over the estate.

This is an example of political complexity being handled poorly. You can't just designate a guy to be the villain and have everyone else act worse than he does. Are we not supposed to notice or care how much of this is on the father and that servant? Are we supposed to just forget that Kurt didn't already try to solve these issues and work with the MC offscreen to make everything better for everyone, and that got shut down and stopped by their father?

Kurt may be responsible for his own actions and decisions as a character, but he's not the villain here, and it's irritating, giving what I know of supposed future events, how much of this is just going to be thrown at his feet, when he's not really to blame for any of it.

@Lord-Raine

I think you are giving too much credit to Kurt's inner monologue.

He's the villain not because he's a smart person, but because he has the fatal composition of incompetence and pride. Both his father and Klaus know this, but they have two different reactions to it. The dad is trying to prevent the fight he can see coming by moving all his other sons far away. That way his weak idiot son won't get overthrown and killed. While Klaus is actively trying to replace the idiot son with literally anyone who is better.

The reason the pride comes in is because if Kurt was simply incompetent but not full of pride and jealously, he would be ok with the townsfolk liking his brothers better. But he's not, and his dad knows this.

@Snooder87 You say I'm giving too much credit to Kurt's inner monologue, and then base your entire argument on an assumption about why other people are doing things that you literally pulled out of thin air. Kurt's inner monologue has more weight than thin-air conjurations of intent.

Unless you have some evidence to show why the information Kurt was remembering is wrong, that does nothing to change the fact that Kurt already pushed for a solution to the problems the estate is having, and not only did his father stonewall him completely with a halfassed reason, but then insisted on pitting Kurt directly against the protagonist. On those grounds alone, every single thing that happens in this situation is entirely the fault of the father, and not Kurt. And yet Kurt is getting blamed.

You want to talk about pride on Kurt's part, why not talk about their father, who is so arrogant and prideful that he can't allow two of his sons to be seen cooperating to solve a problem because it would seem "weak?" Or are we just supposed to forget that conversation happened?

Users who are viewing this thread