Hagure Idol Jigokuhen - Vol. 7 Ch. 43 - War War! Stop It

Double-page supporter
Hype as hell. But hoo boy, we're gonna be seeing a lot more of Maria.

Dex-chan lover
dat heavy weight difference, there is a reason why official fight has weight calculation or classes

images

lol at how they introduce the girls and their tech lol.

better to be all rounded in fightnig than an one trick pony.

Dex-chan lover
Depends of the kind of one trick pony, being an expert on several martial arts does give you versatility but no one is stupid enough to think that fighting a true master of one of those would be easy.
If a fighter have severals styles at a score of 7 can probably overcome a single style user of an 8 or a 9. Facing a master of 10 the fighter will be VERY wary of that style strenghts, not counting prodigies or true masters that can be scored even higher.

In the end the reason why people tend to learn several martial arts on MMA and similar is because is "easier" to be competent on several styles, than a true expert on one.

On Justine vs Maria fight, Justine was actually pretty smart starting using punches and low kicks to avoid being grabbed, but she lost her patience after being parried/dodged/trolled and went for a KO move aka the spinning kick. Problem is that kind of move is high risk/high reward, if landed Maria would have gone down, but also leaves a perfect window to counter if missed which Maria used to get on her back easily for a rear choke

Dex-chan lover
I don't see how NotChyna can lose with a 50 kilo weight advantage.

That is real think that happens to people.

I've spared with dudes a weight class down who were much better than me, and they can just calmly and gently and slowly choke you and you can't do a goddamn thing.

And this is in spite of me being a shaved gorilla; I',m 5'8" and 235ish pounds when I am fit; I have a head assembly that is like a pyramid sitting on top of a propane tank, and these lithe motherfuckers still choke the shit out of me if I let them grab me.

And there is no 'let' with dudes who are really good.

That why I don't even try to make it to real fights, I'm not willing to put in the work to learn to roll. Also I don't want to get seriously punched in the head by people as strong as me.

Fed-Kun's army
@Odoritomaki,

Thanks for the chapter! I really do appreciate the post-chapter notes, but please - format them better. It's a literal wall of text in pretty much every chapter and is very difficult to read. Just some friendly advice:

* Split the text into paragraphs and increase the line height. The lines are much too close.
* Left-align the text, don't center it. If you absolutely want to take up the whole page, use justification.
* Use a font with both lower and upper case. All caps works well for speech bubbles but is terrible for large amounts of text. If you want to use something comic-booky, CC Pulp Fiction isn't bad. I think a proper serif font would be better, though.
* Don't bold random words. The only reason to do this is because it's hard to read in the first place.

I don't think this requires much extra effort, and the end result will be much better. At least in my opinion.

@Bevinski I agree with most of your points here, except two:

1 - Serif fonts are more legible on paper, not on screens. Sans serif would be better, such as this font here, on Wikipedia, and on most high-traffic websites.

2 - Bolding can be used for emphasis if done right, it's not a legibility thing. It's an "where your attention is drawn to" thing, so as to increase the chances of people remembering important information, or having the people who don't intend to read it still catch a few key words and then read around it to find out what it's about.

Apart from that, yeah, I find myself skipping over them because of how it's formatted. So if they want the initial effort they put into the notes to not be wasted, that tiny extra bit or work is definitely worthwhile.

Dex-chan lover
Proud to have voted for Maria in the waifu poll. Even I didn't know she'd be reaching such extreme smug levels!

Wtf was Elena Silva doing, split her attention to the bystander outside the ring? A recipe for disaster.

Dex-chan lover
Well, well, if this is indeed part of the "Cynthia X" universe, then Maria's old man is a familiar (albeit now recovered) face.

His name is Mister Phantom, he knew BJJ, made people to be controlled into almost like zombies, & had most of his mouth skin torn-off.

Fed-Kun's army
Was she fighting frickin Optimus prime?

oh yeah, Thank you so much for the chapter <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Dex-chan lover
@Alice_is_lost lol It should be Optimus Primal since the name of the chapter War War! Stop It is the name of the Japanese opening theme for Beast Wars.

also Veronica Lynn is totally Chyna lol.

Dex-chan lover
Oh for fuck sake. How long is this going to go on for? Do we really need to watch every single match?
The ones with recurring characters in will probably end with them winning. The rest, who even gives a shit?

So that's what that villain lady from Resident Evil Village was up to in her youth...

Users who are viewing this thread