Haite Kudasai, Takamine-san - Vol. 8 Ch. 51 - Is there something you'd like to tell me?

Dex-chan lover
51 chapters? Damn, I dropped this 4 years ago came back to see if it made any sort of progress. Nope, still dogwater.

I dunno why anyone is sticking with this, it's so fucking ass. Don't matter if the MC grew a "pair." He's still a doormat. No, at this point, he's under the damn doormat.
I stick with it hoping against hope that MC breaks free of FMC's control or to see how much of a Tsundere FMC will be and how that will mainfest with her cruelty towards MC

Aggregator gang
I stick with it hoping against hope that MC breaks free of FMC's control or to see how much of a Tsundere FMC will be and how that will mainfest with her cruelty towards MC
We all know it's not gonna happen bro... It's never been more over for a manga MC before than it is for this dude.

God I hope it works out that way though

She was an abusive and stupid girl. He was a coward boy.

At least he is going to do something, or so I hope, while her still "well, I like you, but I wanna play Senjougahara role but much more toxic and not gonna say a word about what I feel about you", dumb dumb dumb!

Thanks for the translation! :win: :win: :win:

Dex-chan lover
Time for the end of this Manga to speed its way in, and people will parade it as "good writing"

I love that panel of her almost losing it and just pouring her water on herself to knock herself out of it. Manga wouldn't be the same if this chick wasn't like this.

Dex-chan lover
I going to bet Takamine who only wants perfection won't admit her feelings unless she's 100 percent sure she will get the response she wants.
Wow that's actually a really good thought and prompted me to think about something I'd never realised before.

Someone (maybe you?) pointed out on a previous chapter that Takamine can actually be quite goofy; she's attained her "perfect image" through insane hard work, and her power that allows her to fix all her mistakes.

Someone also mentioned that she's doing her ultra dom girl boss act in front of Shirota to try and look good for him.

If we combine these facts and extrapolate, then maybe a lot of her behaviour actually makes sense.

She relies on her powers, desperately wants to look good for Shirota, and is a perfectionist. But the one person her powers don't work on is Shirota! So the most important situation in her life, and her usual method for ensuring perfect outcomes won't work.

She's still been overly antagonistic towards Shirota, and who knows why she's acting like such a dominatrix towards him. Maybe partly she's putting up a facade, portraying an ultra confident and unshakeable persona because inside she feels the opposite way. Or maybe she thinks he likes it. But I feel like her behaviour makes a lot more sense to me now.

Even things like prior failed confessions, like at the school festival. She wants it to be perfect, so when Shirota messes things up, she gives up and doesn't push it. Probably partly out of a desire for perfectionism, but also a psychological block of being scared to mess up because she can't reset and try again like she could for every other situation in her life.

Maybe I'm giving the author too much credit here - maybe he just likes drawing Takamine being mean to Shirota - but if he actually has thought about this, then there's a lot more subtle depth here than I've realised before. I might have to go re-read it with this new insight...

(Yes I know she threatened him with a false rape accusation in the first chapter, you just have to pretend that never happened)

Users who are viewing this thread