Hajime no Ippo - Ch. 1319 - The Conditions For Being Champion

Fed-Kun's army
Man, I really don't like Kamogawa breathing so heavily... I know he just held the mitts for Takamura, but still. His eyes look so tired.

And here I was expecting Takamura to insult everybody in the gym so hard.

Fed-Kun's army
Good ol takamura being taka at the end. Also what an abrupt end to the chapter haha

Wasn't Mike Tysons Arc that Cus D'amato died before he could claim the WBC Belt? With how Ippo draws from Tyson and even more how much Kamogawa draws from Cus any worry that he'll die before Ippo can do something on the world stage is more than warranted.

You know it was a real risky move to retire Ippo and the boring arc about him becoming a coach. That being said it's paying off well since we are getting fresh blood in the gym and exciting matches.

My hopes are that finally kimura and Aoki actually get some focus as they zone in on the Japanese belts, I get that they aren't good boxers but they literally aren't that bad not to get more title shot chances. I mean hell in universe it's been years since Kimura had a chance and he's arguably a good boxer unlike Aoki.

Dex-chan lover
*Old man explains things much more clearly* Shut up old man, they won't understand it like that -_-

and exciting matches
@SteelKline
Oh you're right! We haven't had terrible drawn out matches in a while!

After almost a decade and a half of slogging through Ippo matches, I realize I'm OK with this now. I'm at peace with this manga.

Supporter
This chapter reminds me a lot of Andy Ruiz, the fat doughboy no one thought could take on AJ until he dethroned the king.

Group Leader
Wehn Ippo comes back he better be a damn wild bull, all the build up can't disappoint

Users who are viewing this thread