Hajime no Ippo - Ch. 1333 - Do We Understand Each Other?

Dex-chan lover
I don't even think Gundam Unicorn was a thing during Ippo's timeframe.
I mean, the first Unicorn novel was released in 2006, the OVAs during the 10s and the first Kshatriya kit was released in 2009.

I told myself not to, I told myself after the ippo bitchslap arc that I can't keep being fooled into following arcs as they happened, I told myself to only read this manga once a year.

But this was different, my brain forced me to believe, this time it's not trudging along with Ippo and his band of rejects, this time it was the king, this time it was our boy Takamura's time to have an arc.

And thus now I have to suffer probably until July or August to see what the end of this fight brings.
Sometimes I wish George was an awful artists and writer because he's turned this manga into a soap opera and I wish I could just stop caring but I care about these characters too much.

@Ptgg5 even tho this manga has a shitton of chapters i've yet to feel "tired" of it I've dropped quite a few smaller manga/mahua that have high ratings ie. 8+ just because the author seems to just fill it with filler chapter and no go anywhere with the story. I always feel like HMI is more grounded to earth and I think it's due how the character are written and how the "perform". Even now when Ippo is no the main focus I'm not sad as I still feel he's growing in his own way and am still curious what the future brings, will he be back or not is still a question that lingers for me. Also Takamaru is always a fun watch/read :D

Dex-chan lover
holy shit this is the MOST TENSE CLIFFHANGER IN THE HISTORY OF THIS MANGA

Dex-chan lover
they really been hyping this ippo growing as a boxer outside the ring, that im super excited if/when he finally does

Dex-chan lover
holly shit they name dropped pretty big boxers there like it was nothing xD

I am predicting that the author will make Takamura lose/retire due to medical reasons forcing Ippo to become the primary fighter of the gym. (I hope that is not the case)

Dex-chan lover
Next chapter: Takamura's costume explodes, killing everyone in the ring. Ippo is arrested for terrorism.

@Mo7hsin97 Really hope that doesn't happen as well, would make sense story wise but would suck to read and ippo wouldn't be able to do the same kinda feat either way so not sure just a single weight class would matter as much

Dex-chan lover
Takamura clearly has some medical issue that will not go away and heal.
It's highly likely that sooner or later he will retire and/or lose.

I do hope however that this happens far in the future, I want to see him fighting for a long time yet. I hope that the thing that will make Ippo get back into the ring will be something else.

Users who are viewing this thread