Hajime no Ippo - Ch. 1419 - Bring Him to Me

Dex-chan lover
It's honestly a little sad that all it takes is a tease of progression with their relationship to get me giddy. Get together before chapter 1500!!

Dex-chan lover
damn the was so close

but figured something like this would happen lol

hopefully next time

Argh!!! Dammit Morikawa!!! Are you gonna make Barnacle Head do something to Kumi? That ending in this chapter make me feel like that.... You son of....!!! I am about to explode here!!!

Banned
I worry about that transition from the jerk dude and happiness to her... I swear he is gonna try something to hurt her... hope not, but feels like ominous flags

I fear for Mashiba...I am getting heavy Rocky IV plot vibes coming. It would be an incredibly different shift in the story but if anything spurs Kumi to reverse course and let Ippo go it would have to be something really uncalled for in her mind and severely drastic. Ippo will have none of what may occur and will readily come back to hand a deserved beating.

Dex-chan lover
yeah, I feel that mashiba is definitely gonna lose something. He might win but end up crippled or something.
If that were to happen, I wish it was a meaningful fight with someone important.
Not the silly goofy hair guy introduced right now that has no ties to no one important and is as one dimensional as the paper sheet he was drawn in.

Fed-Kun's army
Just noticed barnacle head has the rinnegan
Will the peepee training be interrupted?
It's snowing on mount fuji.

Contributor
I know that this is a shonen, but this lack of progress is getting ridiculous

Why they keep doing my boy like that? It’s funny but damn, let my guy have a win. I’ve been reading this for 15 years. 15 years(way longer than that really) you’ve been teasing this relationship. Just let it happen already
She honestly does not deserve him. She's toxic and controlling to the point that she actively tries to take away his happiness.

Fed-Kun's army
As soon as they brought up Mashiba Ryou being away on training I knew he'd appear like Jason and stalk them menacingly lol.

Also goddang this is such a slowburn. I've dropped this before and I'm feeling the urge to drop it again. They tease him returning to the ring but at this rate his retirement is becoming permanent.

Users who are viewing this thread