Hajime no Ippo - Ch. 1433 - Switch to Southpaw!?

Dex-chan lover
Me: reads the last page of the last chapter "I got the perfect reaction image for this comment section"
Also me: pressing the page to go back to the main manga page only to find out there's another chapter "wait what, ANOTHER chapter?!?!"

Dex-chan lover
seeing ippo back in training mode was so satisfying. he hasnt lost his touch

Last edited:
my man ippo min-maxing his levels.

The next opponent will get destroyed instantly.

thanks for the chapter!

Ippo is wildly strong now. He seems both faster and stronger. He's further refined the Dempsey Roll. He's developing a counter punch. Now he's developing ambidexterity. I think the accumulated damage needs to be there so he has a clear weakness. Yeah his offensive bag is bananas, but that might not matter if he's too chiny. Keeps him from feeling too OP.

Dex-chan lover
seeing ippo train like this again felt so good

just like old times

heres hoping ippos full return will be soon

Dex-chan lover
Please let him come back. I don't want him to be the same age Dante was when he came out of retirement. Thanks for the chapter!!!

Dex-chan lover
maaan this is almost torture the moment you remember he is training to be a sparring partner.

Ippo is wildly strong now. He seems both faster and stronger. He's further refined the Dempsey Roll. He's developing a counter punch. Now he's developing ambidexterity. I think the accumulated damage needs to be there so he has a clear weakness. Yeah his offensive bag is bananas, but that might not matter if he's too chiny. Keeps him from feeling too OP.
I don't think he can afford to have any weaknesses if he's going up against Ricardo.

Dex-chan lover
Mashiba takes the L while overcoming his demons, then passes on the job to Ippo whilst also accepting the relationship with the sister. He isn't boxing for wanting to be top champ rather seems was an outlet for his demons and finding ways to support the sis. He can see that Ippo can and will tell the sis like he was wrong to limit her desire to be with Ippo, she'd be wrong to limit his boxing. After all she didn't stop him from boxing and he was still there for her.

Ippo gonna demolish whoever he'll fight when he comes back sheesh.

I assume that him training to be Mashiba's sparring partner will freakin reignite Mashiba's anger to fight him again lol

Double-page supporter
There were some clowns going on and on in the last chapter about how Morikawa would hand-wave away the south-paw thing right (even though he's never hand-waved anything).

Not that it will stop people whinging about how long he'll take to train instead I'm sure.
Mori: My awareness has changed, saying, "A professional manga artist's job is not to draw manga, but to gain popularity."
Mori: What I was conscious of was just "gaining popularity." There's nothing fun about being popular. Because you lose your job.

https://www.clipstudio.net/oekaki/archives/153045

Dex-chan lover
I guess Ippo's finally about to box again

Like they foreshadowed, the man with the left will rule the world.
It's adorable you think Ippo will step back into the ring as a pro boxer anytime soon. The optimism you hold...I wish I had it.

How old is Ippo supposed to be now? There’s only so long before a fighter gets too old to be able to step back into the ring.
He started while still in high school in the 1990s. It's still the 1990s. He's got over 10 years left but boxers are a strange kind who'll still fight in their 50s way past their prime.

Users who are viewing this thread