Hajime no Ippo - The First Step - Ch. 1452 - The Grim Reaper's First Move

Dex-chan lover
I just hate how Morikawa got this complacent. Man, having a manga run for 30 years+ sure allows you to ride the wave of cliffhangers and no plot progress like there is no tomorrow. What happened to the lit arcs that made this manga so much fun?

Iirc a bunch of foreshadowed plot points are untouched, will be left unresolved, unless Morikawa is planning for some 2000+ chapter epic, with the slowest snail pace the manga world has ever seen....

My only fear is we will be left with a piece of manga history that indeed finishes by being unfinished, much like HxH and Berserk. . .

Oh and that smooch with Kumi? Maybe to celebrate the 2000th chapter anniversary, but naaah. Moar cliffhangers probs even then.

Aggregator gang
iu

Mashiba played it smart: obviously a normal opponent would have tried to drag the match since Rosario has stamina issues and Rosario predicted it. Mashiba, probably out of pride, took the smart root: he went in immediately, surprising Rosario with a Right straight in the guts. The second punch was obviously a feint. Rosario smacked it down, leaving himself open for Mashiba's Flicker Jab. Unless he is able to withstand the barrage, he will be pushed on the ropes.

Dex-chan lover
I just hate how Morikawa got this complacent. Man, having a manga run for 30 years+ sure allows you to ride the wave of cliffhangers and no plot progress like there is no tomorrow. What happened to the lit arcs that made this manga so much fun?

Iirc a bunch of foreshadowed plot points are untouched, will be left unresolved, unless Morikawa is planning for some 2000+ chapter epic, with the slowest snail pace the manga world has ever seen....

My only fear is we will be left with a piece of manga history that indeed finishes by being unfinished, much like HxH and Berserk. . .

Oh and that smooch with Kumi? Maybe to celebrate the 2000th chapter anniversary, but naaah. Moar cliffhangers probs even then.
Exactly. I've been reading this manga for a long time, the anime back then really got me into it... Now it is slowly slowing down and I feel like Morikawa does not really know (or care) what to do with the story anymore. Maybe it's my frustrations speaking up.
I decided to let Hajime no Ippo sleep. I'll be back to this series in some years to read it in bulk. (If things keep going like that, in about 4 years I'll have something like 8 chapters worth of pages to read).

9 page into a break.. give us a break maaan xD
As someone said, its been what, 3-400 chapters since ippo retirement? WTF, all fights we seen in meanwhile were previously used as filler in between Ippo fights. Only Takamura would excite me as much as Ippo.
Retirement arc is great idea in retrospect, and how Ippo increased knowledge and widened his view on boxing, but cmon man, its taking too fucking long.
Itagaki was being build up as interesting character back when Ippo was still active, and even he got pushed into background.
Don't give a shit about Kumi bitch, she don't even support Ippo, he should ditch her and go with that classmate of his that he met at reunion.
Takamura going blind is being teased for 20 years. We don't even see the old man almost at all.
Reading this out of habit, wanting closure already, while author just seting up for his return ... Don't he get fucking tired of doing same manga 30years. Take a 6 month break, think things out, and start moving the story properly. Not this penny squeezing shit.

Users who are viewing this thread