Hajime no Ippo - The First Step - Ch. 1471 - Lightning Strike

wow 35 years of Hajime no ippo? i hope we see the end of the stories of all the characters eat your vegetables Morikawa san!!

Dex-chan lover
Oooohh cliffhanger counter, it either:

A. Mashiba expected it, dives low and makes a right straight to body and a left uppercut to the head.

B. Mashiba eats the counter entirely, more fighting drama ensues.

C. They both clash in a way they both get damaged, just for lil push for either one.

Fed-Kun's army
Alright. Rosario is getting more tired each round and the bidy blows really start to add up

Dex-chan lover
Serialized for 35 Years!!!! That's just incredible, huge congratulations to George-sensei!!

Fed-Kun's army
Wow, 35 years! I've been with it the entire time!
I don't think I've stuck it out with any other series.
Congratulations!

Dex-chan lover
35 years is almost long enough for a pro boxer to be born, have a full career, and retire. (Quick google search say the average retirement age is 37.)

Dex-chan lover
I know how the people who were annoyed at the Woli fight feel now.

Dex-chan lover
How? That fight was worse reading even one go, if anything, this fight is example of peak Ippo.
Because Rosario is a boring opponent, it's more or less certain Mashiba will win, we've been getting chapters with very few pages for a while now and this is at most Morikawa wrapping Mashiba's story, and i'm not sure this Mashiba becoming world champion arc really adds anything other than maybe Mashiba accepting Ippo's relationship with Kumi, at least it should've been shorter. We got a Ippo x Mashiba spar that was fun, but that's it.

I'm not saying Woli's fight wasn't worse, but i've been following this manga for 15 years now and this is the first fight that i am struggling to care even a little bit about.

Dex-chan lover
35 years....

I thought it was like 50. At least it feels like I've been reading it that long

And I ain't even 50!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread