Hajime no Ippo - The First Step - Vol. 125 Ch. 1260 - Goddamnit, I'm...

Way back when Mashiba was first introduced I never would have believed I'd start rooting for him yet here we are. Awesome (and properly lengthy) redemption arc. Now we just need Makunouchi's choice to become a "monster", Kumi needs to stop holding him back if she loves him.

I"m sorry but that's so shit (not Mashiba's development). If the ref has noticed all the blows why hasn't he started docking points and threatening to disqualify? They should've just made him stay oblivious to it all or say he was paid off...

mashiba is getting a character development meanwhile ippo is still the very same person he was at the start of the series lol.

its been a while since I read this... is there been any romantic development between ippo and mashiba's sister or his kousai's sister?

@sploog321 Yes, but a referee is supposed to be a neutral party. There's a difference between fans and a professional referee, he gets paid to do his job not to pick sides on who's the bigger thug.

Double-page supporter
Probably the same trash tier ref that got Mashiba suspended in the first place.

If the authority (in this case, the ref) is not doing its job, you don't have an obligation to be some self-sacrificing "good guy", letting yourself get victimized because the authority is either incompetent or corrupt.

And no amount of "Ma-shi-ba" cheers is going to stop the other guy literally beating the shit out of Mashiba with illegal blows, and walking away with the belt to boot. It still comes down to a lonely fight between Mashiba and the people that are screwing him over, same way it has always been.

Fed-Kun's army
I"m sorry but that's so shit (not Mashiba's development). If the ref has noticed all the blows why hasn't he started docking points and threatening to disqualify? They should've just made him stay oblivious to it all or say he was paid off...
I think its because mashiba is a repeat offender, if there is fouls then he was most likely on involved

I love this for him, the respect and admiration he deserves for all his hard work. I also love how conflicted he is to the unfamiliar feeling

Users who are viewing this thread