Hajime no Ippo - The First Step - Vol. 129 Ch. 1307 - ¡ganador!

Dex-chan lover
I can't really relate to Sendos way of boxing. It really just feels so self-destructive to me.
I prefer to read about the tactical side of boxing. Hopefully whatever comes next has some more of that.

Dex-chan lover
You guys keep going on about how Sendo is an idiot just swinging like a clown or that the fight isn't tactical at all.

Yet you have already forgotten the fact that Sendo's right hand is broken. He used his good left to force a situation where he could bait out a right counter. He's seen it before, that's exactly what happened to Ippo.

He forced himself to present as convincing a right as possible, clenching it even as the pain is killing him. It's broken though...he was never going to get much power into it. Which is why the counter didn't put him down.

Then how did he down Gonzalez? With his good left that still works.

The amusing irony is while you lot keep braying that it's just a mud fight with no tactical depth, you've shown that as long as it's not spoon-fed to you word by word, you wouldn't recognize the tactics if they beat you over the head with it. While how accurate it is to real-life is debatable, the high level boxing within Morikawa's world is at full play here.

Ricardo even pointed this out a few chapters back, stating it's a problem when he noticed Sendo's hand was broken. He didn't say it was a problem for Sendo, typical of Morikawa's obfuscating tactics when he writes observer dialogue. He's fought Gonzales countless times and knows that despite how relatively well-rounded he is, he still relies on a perfect right counter to down power boxers like Sendo or Ippo. He was in a daze when he broke Sendo's hand....Morikawa even made a point of noting Gonzales only came to his senses again after, so he didn't notice the break.

All this is pretty apparent if you've been reading Ippo for a very long time and actually bothered to absorb the details and note Morikawa's style of dropping hints and playing out factors from earlier portions of the fights. This, despite Sendo's flashy way of fighting, is not the only example of how he has become a really high level boxer in this very same fight. Just read back a few more chapters, there's so many examples. But I guess most of you are more like the audiences who keep going to these matches, watching match after match, and yet all you see in your eyes are 2 men slugging it out at random.

@DLRevan

Damn straight. Sendo is a smart boxer. Animalistic and unrefined, but smart in his own way.

Give me that anyday over uh... Ippo (as he is over the last decade). Sadly.

That fake-out with the right counter got me good. What a godly fight, Sendo is such a beast.

Dex-chan lover
Let's fucking go Sendo!!! Alf is definitely not getting up from that

Users who are viewing this thread