Hajime no Ippo - The First Step - Vol. 140 Ch. 1441 - Itagaki's Blowing Up!

Dex-chan lover
That wound up being a lot less fun than I thought. I was hoping it'd be something like "Oh, Itagaki just uploaded the sparring match in its entirety and now people are blowing up at how good Ippo's doing" and not "Oh, Itagaki uploaded a picture that stirred up some trolls who're now starting shit"...

Laaaame :(

Dex-chan lover
.... now the real world equivalent, Twitter, started up around 2006. Is this the first time we see an actual "jump" in time for this manga? Because I thought the manga would be always like a decade behind current times just due to the nature of publishing a chapter a week. Those first chapters were talking about listening to Michael Jackson and I don't even know if basic cell phones were even a thing. Now, smartphones, twitter, followers... it just strikes me.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter was accurately written but it still feels very "how do you do fellow kids".

I also just can't reconcile it with the era considering that Sendo mentioned buying an SNES in earlier chapters (I know a few years have passed since then but still).

Dex-chan lover
This chapter was accurately written but it still feels very "how do you do fellow kids".

I also just can't reconcile it with the era considering that Sendo mentioned buying an SNES in earlier chapters (I know a few years have passed since then but still).
In Japan, you can still go to gaming shops and find them for sale in very good condition, at least, but yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread