Hajime no Ippo - Vol. 124 Ch. 1245 - Ippo's Fists

Dex-chan lover
That's normal. Ippo slaps someone with all his fury, the receiving end should at least get blackout. The idea of Taihei might be Takamura's younger brother is starting to take shape...

Dex-chan lover
So the moral of the story is if you hit someone, make sure to hit them so hard that they won't remember anything?

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, that kid is friggin' lucky he only got a slap. Could you imagine what could have happened if he took a punch to the face? Goodbye working jaw.

I remember the time when this manga was about boxing. I remember because I used to enjoy it.

At least we now know what Morikawa's health problems are: psychological trauma because he was bullied as a kid.

Fed-Kun's army
On page 4, with the silhouette of Taihei running away after learning his brother is a laughing stock, there's a frog. Is he Aoki's brother? That is, Taihei went to one of Aoki's matches. I fully expected that reveal when Aoki and Takamura started complaining about the brother (and threatening to do a kancho).

Dex-chan lover
@misutero
oh come on, its always gone into this sort of cycle.
Slice of Life
Training for a match
The Match
Cooldown
Repeat
its been this way for years, I remember right after the Takamura Hawk fight the same complaints came about, like what 7 years ago?

Dex-chan lover
@misutero
I remember the time when this manga was about boxing. I remember because I used to enjoy it.
What you fail to understand, what many readers fail to understand no matter how much the author has said it in interviews and stuff is that Hajime no Ippo is not a boxing manga, it is a manga about boxers.

Boxing itself is likely to show up in a manga about boxers yes, but it is not a guarantee at all times.

Dex-chan lover
lol so he doesnt even remember what happened ... thank god for that cause this part really doesnt need to drag on buuuut lets see if ippo drags it

with that wonder whats next feels like alot of things are coming together for ippo to finally make a change at least thats what im feeling

Dex-chan lover
I can only hope that somehow this is the key to unlocking Ippo's fierceness and anger so that he can get back in the ring and go after Martinez... Otherwise this is all just useless :\

Jesus this is the second time someone lost their memory after being beat by Monster Ippo
I wonder if that will be a common theme

Dex-chan lover
@OtakuDragonSlayer that means we get to see more of monster Ippo, which means people will notice monster Ippo eventually, maybe even Ippo himself, which will make the real return to the ring, it wont be some new move, or just some improved training, but with the resolution to wreck shit down, and it will be so damn hype an Ippo unleashed!

Dex-chan lover
@Doomroar
Yeah I thought that was always his biggest weakness since season 1(second only to his kinda shitty and straightforward fighting style)since unlike Sendo Ippo never focuses a lot on DEMOLISHING people so bad that a count isn't even needed. Ippo just wants to hurt people JUST enough where they won't get up in 10 seconds

Dex-chan lover
Fuck that will traumatize the shit out of him, and i also had a laugh because he got the soul slapped out of him

Users who are viewing this thread