Hajimete no Gal - Vol. 10 Ch. 94 - The First Surprise

Hey thanks for the upload Watermark Scans. Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you guys.

At least she apologized for putting him through all that suffering, thought she could've just told him...

Dex-chan lover
She made him feel like trash for weeks just to surprise him with a cake...meh.
At least she'll try to make up for that now.

Dex-chan lover
Teens are dumb, they think a super special surprise will be worth it, without thinking how other people feel about it.

Dex-chan lover
I'd rather stay alone my whole life than subject myself to dumb bitches like these

The MC isnt a world beater either though so I suppose those two deserve each other

Dex-chan lover
@WinzKay This exactly what I expected from this manga tho.
I don't think anything dramatic would happen any time soon. Only near the end.

Dex-chan lover
So this plot arc is all over the place. First she cant spend Christmas vacation with him due to work, so MC spends the week lonely. Only to have literally everyone show up at his house, force him to go out, the have him work, all because FMC was taking cake lessons? And said lessons were completely bullshit byw. All FMC needed was someone to tell her to stop putting extra shit in the cake recipe which she has yet to make once correctly. Ive made cake before, it isn't rocket science. Follow the recipe and what comes out is not only edible, but almost always good tasting (unless you burn the crap out of it). It took her a week to learn this?

Also, how and when did his male friends get roped into this? I get that they are more or less filler characters whose sole purpose it plot progression through a non-female medium, but seriously? No real build up at all to this.

Now there is a gift exchange? Who was the dumbass who decided that was a good idea? MC was planning to spend Christmas vacation alone in his room. He learned about this whole thing literally a few hours ago. How is he supposed to have a gift all set and ready to exchange?

Either way. It looks like MC's lucky pants are on today because somehow he will pull out something to exchange which will somehow reset the plot progress back to square 1 so the next "arc which can be placed anywhere in the timeline because it starts and ends with the same basic key points" can start with a clean slate.

Dex-chan lover
She could just tell him... But yeah, there's very little to expect from this manga

Dex-chan lover
I'm done, every single character in this is just trash. Shame, I kinda enjoyed reading it.

@JavelinJoe
Not to mention the way this was handled doesn't address his insecurities about being behind his girlfriend and not having any goal in life at all, or really resolves anything. It's just a very tension free way to end this.
It's quite jarring how it goes from the MC despairing about being useless to him being roped into helping with the cake sale. As in: look dumbass you can be of use.

Everyone and their mom being on it feels strange but at least was foreshadowed, I guess.

If her "surprise" was meant for christmas, what was the point of telling him that she'll be busy the entire winter break? that just made him even more miserable thinking that he won't meet her at all until school starts again.

Dex-chan lover
The MC ended up going out of his house because Kashii interfered with Yame's plan. Otherwise, was Yame going to surprise him by visiting his house bringing some cakes or something? That's lame.

retarded forced drama

but that is to be expected from the average manga, either it is axed or if it somewhat sells it gets milked as much as possible

Users who are viewing this thread