Hajimete no Gal - Vol. 17 Ch. 168 - My First Time Helping

Group Leader

To be honest, Junichi's overthinking is more common in real life than we might imagine...

Thoughts of any sane fan of Hajimete no Gal:

nSU2G5v.png

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I don't know anymore... What is the purpose of this story at this point? I wonder - maybe it'd be better if author would just post some really steamy sidestories to this title on n-site, starring MC and literally every female character except Yukana (since I see this is the direction he's going), so he could vent some of his frustration over and give readers some actual good story, like, you know - like this manga once was, many, many years ago...

I'll be honest, I don't know what is this toxic relationship between me and Hajimete no Gal. I.e. I love SAO, I know it sucks, but I still love it, since it "nicely" bad and I feel pretty nostalgic about that title. This on the other hand...? I despite it with each and every living cell of my body, yet I'm still reading it, still getting mad at it, still commenting, still getting head aches. Why tho? Why...

Dex-chan lover
I don't know anymore... What is the purpose of this story at this point? I wonder - maybe it'd be better if author would just post some really steamy sidestories to this title on n-site, starring MC and literally every female character except Yukana (since I see this is the direction he's going), so he could vent some of his frustration over and give readers some actual good story, like, you know - like this manga once was, many, many years ago...

I'll be honest, I don't know what is this toxic relationship between me and Hajimete no Gal. I.e. I love SAO, I know it sucks, but I still love it, since it "nicely" bad and I feel pretty nostalgic about that title. This on the other hand...? I despite it with each and every living cell of my body, yet I'm still reading it, still getting mad at it, still commenting, still getting head aches. Why tho? Why...
Because Junichi is spineless, and Yukana is in a second relationship with dojin girl. And no author hasn't said any thing about Yukana specifically asking whether they're done playing girlfriends. At this point Yukana is more of a side character. Where her story has side tracked off the rails a lot. Yukana has had more chemistry development with the other girls than the mc, and her sense the early chapters before collage.

Dex-chan lover

Fully understand what you mean.. I've been over this manga for a long time now.. same as Rent a Girlfriend. Been so done with that one too

Dex-chan lover
I wouldn't mind the new girls if we got more focus on Yame. But when the manga is 80% Junichi and some random girl with no room for development because he already has a girlfriend then it becomes bad.

Dex-chan lover

Sunken cost. The time you have invested into this series has been so much that you just want to see how it ends regardless of how bad it is, because it once was an "ok" story.
This is a rule that happens to everyone, me included. So there's no need to feel weirded out at why you keep reading something you now hate.

I really like this manga during the school periods and now it's just.... sigh Junichi grow a backbone already, guy's had chances galore and not with just his "demoted to side character" girlfriend (not that I want him to cheat)

Dex-chan lover

They had one thin premise and don't know how to write beyond that. That's what happened. At this point it's basically a bunch of unrelated mangas stitched together because the series had traction and it's easier than starting over.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Okay that's it I'm dropping this shit

Literally just 0 development of any kind, just going in circles with the worst ecchi harem tropes.

Users who are viewing this thread