Hakoniwa no Soleil - Vol. 4 Ch. 16

Fed-Kun's army
As an 21 yo, I have a lot of thoughts on this manga's idea on justice and Asahi's agency in this entire thing, especially since in the later chapters she's kind of played off as a secondary character despite being the main protag. Not to mention the lack of closure regarding the mother's ideas that a child should just be allowed to live like that and not say anything, regardless of how convicted he was. My cousins are pretty hard headed in the things that they believe in too like having a bucket of candy as their only source of food for a day, doesn't mean that they should be allowed to make that decision, never mind confessing to a murder. I am glad that Asahi didn't end up with the college professor, because otherwise uh... CPS??? There's a lot of things to think about with this work, so I appreciate that since most shoujos are kind of mind numbing.

Edit: Can't believe I forgot about this, but also can we talk about the incompetence of the justice system? What the fuck? I know this is a shoujo and all that, but like it's kind of telling that crime like this is able to slide like this considering Japan's shitty police system, so like... justice for Tenji???

Regardless, bro 14 yo me would have ATE THIS SHIT UP!!! The drama, the convenient amnesia, the funny little 4 komas. This one would have had it all for my underdeveloped, smooth surfaced brain!

Users who are viewing this thread