Hakuba no Oujisama

@jameaney Yeah it's kinda unclear why he did that seeing as he had no intention to make it a thing looking at later chapters, but as said I agree he's a bad person for inviting out a single woman too even if it'd be a casual dinner.
Also she broke it off with the other teacher BEFORE Ozu ever showed up, she almost fell back in to it BEFORE Ozu ever figured it out. The only reason Ozu ever found out was because the other guy wouldn't leave her alone after she broke it off despite being married.
I'll return the question to you if we've read the same series because you are making WAY too many assumptions here. It looks more like they've been having an on and off affair which she's tried ending before (unknown how many times) presumably because booty calls with married people is disgusting but she relapsed anyway due to feeling ''lonely'' (chapter 5 page 11).
we don't know how it started with her and the other guy. For all we know it was before he was married, it's also hinted it might have started while she was a student with him as her teacher, which would make her a victim not a shitty person.
The only thing we know is that he was a teacher back then, but we haven't gotten any foreshadowing for them to actually have hooked up back then. On the contrary, the backflash chapter didn't show her feeling anything special once seeing Kurosawa again after becoming a teacher, which would be weird if they actually would've had a thing back then. It's not impossible but at this point it's just speculation, whatever it would have to do with their current situation.
calling her a shitty person before we know the whole story is pretty shallow
Not really, she's still a terrible person for assertively having an affair with a married man and trying to charm another. As said its your victim mentality and how you keep excusing her actions that I'm finding quite ludicrous, this isn't a child we're talking about but a goddamn 32 year-old woman. Yes the males are shitty people as well with one of them pursuing her at this points but it doesn't change her ASSERTIVELY homewrecking. Do you even believe in personal responsibility as a concept I wonder?
Also thanks for the gif in response it's very mature.
It's not really fitting no, I would've wanted to go with something even more silly to match your inquiry if I hate all women because I think adulterers are terrible people but it's what I had on hand.
nNMNeXH.png

Sister is officially my least favorite character. So fuckin nosy and yet also so “hey I’m mature lol”. Most obnoxious character.

She’s essentially an extension of his girlfriend, who I also dislike already even though we haven’t even seen them yet.

The comments are more interesting to read than the manga! 🤣 tbh can't wait to see what this develops into

14 people gave this a 1/10*
what kind of crap shounen are you into to downvote this one so much?? besides the slow pacing this is a gem!
on another note translators are on fire with that speed for the last 3 chapters thank you

A protagonist in a romance manga with an actual backbone and conscience? Color me surprised. Followed.

These most recent chapters are just making me sad.

I both understand why they can’t be happy and wish they could be happy anyways.

I feel like the writing for this has gotten a lot better since the beginning, though.

She did the thing she wanted to do and that makes me happy. But at this point, I just see Takako as the protagonist and not Ozu.

I don’t want her to end up with Ozu because I like Ozu, rather because it would be her happy ending, she would finally have something nice happen to her for a change.

Dex-chan lover
I think I'm done. People in their 30s and late 20s behaving no more mature than their students is kind of boring.

Aggregator gang
Can anyone recommend similar series to this one?

I don't really know the name of genre / category of this type of series, so would be grateful for some similar recommendations.

@elbs Have you tried "Little House with an Orange Roof" ? There's no adultery or anything but there is a nice slow pace.... I also liked Sekine's Love.

Guy really is a grade A dik. Wishy washy guys who don’t know what they want are the worst.

Jesus Christ, finally. Maybe now they’ll have some resolve.

Unless Hara is just that stupid that she’ll let the same thing happen all over again and unless Ozu is so dense he doesn’t realize that he can do better than a long-distance relationship.

Users who are viewing this thread